IGNORED

MSA Rear Sway Bar pics/advice please

zack_280

Hi! I guess that ST would stand for suspension technique?, When I mounted my ST rear bar as it came and used the car for racing, even at at either of the three setings it rubbed the boot on the axle, was to close. I spaced up the lower mount on the adjustable link with about 1/4 in of washers, now lots of room no more torn boots. If that helps anyone. Thanks

Correct, that's why the ST kit is recommended for the early cars as it comes with all the mounting hardware thus no cutting nor drilling is necessary. I have one in the box sitting under the rear of my early 240Z waiting for me to get around to working on the car again.

Hey texasz... Call me a dunce, but, if the car didn't come with mounting holes in the frame, how does the ST kit mount to the car without drilling?

-- Mike

I believe the ST kit has brackets that replace the existing mounting brackets for the rear control arm mount (the two brackets that are bolted to the frame right behind the diff). Then you mount the ST bar to the new brackets. Whereas you have to drill a hole to mount the MSA bar.

As zack and jmortensen has illustrated there are brackets included in the kit for mounting without drilling or cutting. I'll see if I can dig out the install instructions and scan them then post the PDF here to help show this.

I should have been a little more clear instead of just saying "mounting hardware".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...