IGNORED

'70 240z in denver

Darrel

Carl B,

All of us here certainly respect your opinions, and I was curious to see what you thought of the '70 that Darrel started this post with (still listed on Craig's List). Hopefully, the brief description I gave of the car when I stopped by and took a look at it last month helps a little bit in providing you some additional information about the car (page 2, Reply #17)

Hi Steve (everyone):

Given your description, if it was in my area, and if I had the room to store it... I'd go grab it at $1,500.00 or anything less if possible. I'd bet that at this point, if you showed up in person with $900.00 CASH in your hand - the seller would let you drag it out of there. (for that matter at $1K or less I'd grab it even if I didn't have the room to store it;-)

As you said - it is restorable... low VIN, matching numbers, all data tags. It's getting very hard to find a restorable Series I car - almost regardless of condition for anything less than $3,500.00. Almost without exception now - all the Series I and II Z's you'll find under $5K will need floorboard replaced.

If you wanted to do a full refresh or restore - starting with a bare body shell - it would be hard to find a lower buy in point.

I'd strip it down to bare metal and put it in epoxy primer, to stop all rust from progressing first thing ... then store it for later. But I wouldn't attempt to store it without first stopping the rust. In the mean time, I'd be gathering all the parts needed to "refresh" or "restore" it.

FWIW:

Carl B.

I tried to buy that car last for $1000 but she said NoWAY. I had an orig. 1971 that my dad bought new. Had all extras then I bought it back in 1985 w/ 65K on it. Got married and had to sell. That really sucked I only got $2500 for it. It was a Ca car that was an early# as well. 16 yrs later Im trying to buy another one. Thought it was this one but I guss not.

Hi Carl,

Thank you. If I only had a place to put it........Here's another 1/70 that was in a lot better shape with a lot less rust that was given away with a "Buy it Now":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250042786484&rd=1,1

Unbelieveable...what is the matter with these people? I would have snatched that one up in a heart beat.. (if I could have gotten someone over there to look it over first ;-)

That car would easily sell for $5,500.00 here in Florida... maybe more...

FWIW

Carl B.

• 3 weeks later...