IGNORED

The Pinks Z Races on Wednesday!

theianmonster

I was just chatting with Garrett, the driver of the Z...
I hope he wasn't feeling so bad. I think they did a terrific job, considering what they were up against, and what they put into it ( someone said "racing on a budget." It could've been Bob Motz!

I think if it is ever tried again, the engine should be setup both with and without the nitrous, then decide whether or not to use it when you get to the track. I think that if the Z had nitrous, it would have been MUCH closer, and the negotiations would have been easier. Then, even if the Z had lost, it wouldn't be so bad. :)

BTW, I thought the Z had a turbo V-8... :(

I think the time between the hybrid Z guys deciding to try out for the show and the actual race was only about 2 months or less. It all happened fairly quickly.

say what you want about the hybrid z guys and the racing, but its all in what you negotiate, which can equalize any two cars.

quote]

Only in two situations: The lieing is seen through on both parts, or neither team lies. The only way to have a truely equal negotiation in this type of venue is for the best times of both cars to be a known and factual quantity. IF I say I have a ten second car that is really a nine second car, and you negotiate with your eleven second car, who will win and why? Who usually wins when a nine second car races an ten second car-what a contest!

I would rather have seen the Guys at HybridZ in a race, and not a televised deception-a liar is a liar, and each of the passes proved it. This was the first time I watched the show, and the last time I will waste my time-the only contest televised in it was lieing, The cars were just there as set decoration-

Will

I would rather have seen the Guys at HybridZ in a race, and not a televised deception-a liar is a liar, and each of the passes proved it. This was the first time I watched the show, and the last time I will waste my time-the only contest televised in it was lieing, The cars were just there as set decoration-

Well put, exactly what I've been trying to say.

What really showed it for me, was how the chevy driver, in every race he was leading was constantly turning his head and looking back at the Z.
Usually, doing that means you're afraid of losing. in drag racing, I'd say it was damn reckless. "You can't focus on where you're driving for TWELVE SECONDS!??"

Anybody notice how in some scenes it was night, and for others, it was day?

At the end the Chevy driver sad "How am I going to get my big arse in the little car?" Probably why he needed 510 HP to go down the road. ROFL

I would rather have seen the Guys at HybridZ in a race, and not a televised deception-a liar is a liar, and each of the passes proved it. This was the first time I watched the show, and the last time I will waste my time-the only contest televised in it was lieing, The cars were just there as set decoration
Just ESPN's idea of a nighttime soap opera?

IMO, the Z looked pretty nice, but the back needed a bumper of some kind- looked kinda naked back there.:surprised

Now that I think of it.... the dead battery problem was about normal, no? LOL

Do you think they could ever get two cars that are the same, like two turbo Zs or two Honduhs?

There was indeed a show like what you want. It was called Full Throttle (on the History Channel). the show was great. Two teams got basically identical cars, identical tools and only 24 hours to fix them up, however they wanted. Then, upon completion of the 24 hours, off to the drag strip for a best of three competition. the winning team got to take home BOTH cars. No Fuss, No Muss, no bull.

Another cool aspect of the show was that the hosts had loads of info and footage of the featured car, so it was much like a mini auto history lesson. I miss the show.

Here is a link-I thought they did an episode w/240z's, but I don't see it listed.

http://store.aetv.com/html/subject/index.jhtml?id=cat1060002&parentcatid=cat1060002

this is what "pinks" could only dream of being. a fair, interesting heads up style show.

Full Throttle... Yeah, let's make some automatic Z's go even slower. We're shooting for 16 second quarter miles, baby! Great idea...

haha I'm with you on that one. I remember watching it and the mods they did to the induction system made my head spin. Removing the Twin SU's was the first big mistake they made.

At least the cars looked respectable, even though one was burning a decent amount of oil from memory. ROFL

The reason the Chevy driver continued to look back was so he could adjust how far ahead of the Z he was. On top of all the problems the team had with the car, they were supposed to race a Camaro with stock suspension and 5 speed. Something a little more managable. The Camaro crashed before the show and the Monte "somehow" was the next in line. Funny how this happens a lot on Pinks. You go from a decent match to a completely unfair race in no time. Before it's all said and done, an import doesn' have a chance on that show. Could have been better, but I don't think they would have won no matter what.