IGNORED

fast cars???

CRrider1988

Getting the HP in a zed to do it really isn't hard at all. What is hard is the aerodynamics to keep it on the road. Just slapping and air dam on the front at a wing on the back doesn't consitute the required aerodynamics either. At those speeds it's a fine line between having the required downforce to keep the car stable and having a slippery enough drag coefficient. Without knowing there was some serious development and testing behind the aero package I sure as hell wouldn't be piloting any car to that speed.

why a Z? The aerodynamics will never work. You may make it to 200mph if you don't go airborn at 180mph. Cheaper and smarter would be a C5 Corvette. Factory it goes 175 with 350hp. Bumping that up to 700hp is $10k maybe a little more and that would get you really close. You can get a C5 for about $25000. So $35K to $40k and I think 200mph is attainable but why try in a Z.

• 2 weeks later...

i've done 125 MPH in my zed (200 KPH) at the track and that was fast enough that i had to put a spoiler on to keep the front from weaving from side to side across the road.

Aero on a zed is good but you'd need it super low, light, and a big donk, but not impossible.

Tom.