• Internet 240z Club
    • Internet Z Club
    • Early Zcar Club
    • Classic Zcar Club
    • Classic Z Club
    • Classic Internet Zcar Club
    • Internet Zcar Club Classic
    • Other: See reply

I've been receiving some questions about an issue related to the actual name of our club. What is it?!

My only answer is, I don't really know!

So, let's talk about it a little. Let's come up with a great name for our club to make sure we all know who is who.

We used to be known as the Internet 240z Club. But, with the advent of the 350z, our new domain registration, and the pure fact that most people on this site own a Classic Zcar... we have been moving toward the support of all EARLY zcars in general.

Our new domain name classicZcars.com shows that we are in complete support of the early Z's. And, we've established a virtual line in the sand at the ZX. Therefore, all early Z's 240z, 260z, and 280z's become part of our club.

Anyway, let's take this information and determine a proper title for our club. Here's what we have been known as in the past:

1) Internet 240z Club

2) Internet Z Club

3) Early Zcar Club

4) Classic Zcar Club

5) Classic Z Club

So, I would like to take this time to get YOUR opinions. What do you think we should use? I will never get rid of our 240z.org domain, and this was all started with the 240z in mind. So, we must not forget our ROOTS.

Please go ahead and vote, or if you wish, add your own ideas as a reply to this message.

UPDATE: I just wanted to let everyone know that we aren't necessarily looking for new domain name ideas here. We are looking at a FORMAL vote of the club name. We have had a few names in the past and we should determine our final goal.

Also note that there are plenty of other "ALL" Zcar clubs on the Internet. I don't think we want to become another Zcar club. We want to remain loyal to our classic roots of the early design. I could be totally wrong here, so, please let me know!

I still feel IZC is too close to the Grandaddy: IZCC (Zhome.com). The other two leaders are pretty much a toss-up. I think they both convey the focus of our group in a direct fashion. I voted for the simpler one.

Keep It Simple, Stupid!

(not implying anyone here is stupid...)

steve77

Classic Z

That would be enough for me, you may not have to use "club".

People looking for it will know what they search.

For me it's like saying a Datsun 240z Car !!!!

But I have no brain, it's very early here and I might change my mind 10 times before going to bed. French you know...

I want to thanks the French national soccer team, they went down the hard road of defeat to give me more time to think about it. LOLLOL

I feel it should have some sort of reference to the Internet, as we really are unique in that sense.

"Internet 240z Club" doesn't sound too good IMO however, but as Doehring said "Classic Z Club.com" or "Classic Z car Club.com" are good alternatives...

Worth a thought ;)

I feel it should have some sort of reference to the Internet, as we really are unique in that sense.

"Internet 240z Club" doesn't sound too good IMO however, but as Doehring said "Classic Z Club.com" or "Classic Z car Club.com" are good alternatives...

Worth a thought ;)

Isn’t the Datsun Z classic by its self enough?

So if you vote for classic Z that’s double ???

But it sounds good to me too!

Guus

Guus is not wrong, so what's about " DatZun.com" ? Nevertheless we should have in mind that this is a club and not a commercial organisation or garage. So in my understanding "Zclub.com" is the shortest way to express that we are a club in the internet on Zs, the other Datsun classic beside the roadsters

Rolf