IGNORED

16 Yr Old and My poor Z! Opinions!!

TBK1

Good bloody grief Donald,

Sounds like you've a real delinquent on your hands, and I'm really sorry to hear it.

Enrique is right though. There should be SOME WAY for you to chastise him !!!!!!!!

When my son was 9 y.o. I confiscated his beloved pushbike for a week after he did a "U" turn without checking behind. Fortunately, (not for him), I was behind him and had good brakes. The bloke next door told me I was too hard on my Son.

Before you go out of town again, perhaps you should change all the locks on the house and garage and retain ALL keys yourself. If he's the sort of spoilt, irresponsible young bloke you say he is, who knows WHAT he might decide to take next time.

After he stole your Zed, (yes, STOLE, ..... it was used without either your knowledge OR consent, therefore, STOLEN), and caused damage to it, I can't help but wonder what his Mother's reaction was ????.

Rick.

Now if my son took my Z out without my permission, I would seriously kick his a$$.

My story is a little different. I owned a 1968 Datsun 2000 roadster for about 10 years. Drove it as a daily driver for many of those years, but my wife at the time felt it was a "death trap" and encouraged me to buy a Ford Focus in 2001. Shortly after she decided that she didn't care if I lived or died, and filed for divorce.

Fast forward a couple of years, my son is attending school at a junior college and needs a car to get back and forth to mom's house. I offer my Datsun 2000, and she is okay with this "death trap," as long as I sign title over to my son. What ever, deal done. I sign over the papers and buy a Z the next month.

No worries, my son is a responsible young lad (not the destructive SOB I was at his age). He really loves the 2000, too, he just doesn't believe anything bad can happen to him. Six months later he is stoped at a traffic light and is barking in jest at a cute dog he sees on the side walk. Light turns green, and he continues to look at the dog instead of the Toyota in front of him and smashes into the rear of the Toyota. Good news, my son, his female companion, and the Toyota suffer no damage. Bad news is that the roadster suffers $2,000 in uninsured body work and paint, and the impact broke a shift fork in the transmission that cost another $1,000. I remember burning out the clutch in my mom's VW when I was his age and agree to pay for the damages, but I stress this is the last time I will bail him out.

The roadster is back on the road, we drive it together at speeds exceeding 100 MPH in short bursts going down Hwy 101 to the roadster meet in Solvang, CA. The car is well received, but doesn't win any awards. It is a daily driver after all, and there are some pretty spectacular roadsters there at the meet.

Fast forward another 6 months and this roadster that could do over 100MPH is limping to get over 3,000 RPM. The roadster always leaked a little oil, but I had instructed my son to check the oil with every fill up. Turns out he had let the engine run at two quarts low on oil, and the timing chain had suffered as a result. So timing chain and sprocket set runs about $1,000, plus labor another $500, plus unkown damage to the engine from oil starvation. I am not going to bail him out this time, even though I feel great sadness at the loss of the roadster. It is his car now, and he has to either get it fixed, or sell off what remains and get himself a Toyota, or Honda that may be more tollerant of abuse.

This story is still a work in progress. Right now he is driving my Focus, and I am driving my Z on a daily basis. So I guess I bailed him out again. Still he needs a car to get him back and forth to shcool, and I want him to continue in his education. It is tough being a parent. I guess that is the bottom line.

This smoking is a bit odd to me, it doesnt seem to smoke will idling or when reved sitting still. but as you drive and get on it a bit then let off like when comming to a stop light is when the smoke appears!!

Wouldnt susspect the head commponets just had head redone with new seals a few months back, only leaves rings right ?

This smoking is a bit odd to me, it doesnt seem to smoke will idling or when reved sitting still. but as you drive and get on it a bit then let off like when comming to a stop light is when the smoke appears!!

Wouldnt susspect the head commponets just had head redone with new seals a few months back, only leaves rings right ?

Smoking on DEcelleration is classic for worn rings. :disappoin