IGNORED

need advise on spring/strut combos!

deadflo

I've had the same questions you have! My car is going to be strickly kick arse blow your doors off performance!!! I could careless about smooth ride I just want performance like you. If you ever find out what is the best please let me know!!

If you can care less about ride comfort, I've got a set of original Molholand springs. They are pretty much what you want for perfomance in the corners of a race track. But not really good for roads with rutts or bumps in it.

What would you offer me?

Dave

I'll be damned :eek: I just e-mailed Tire Rack which is where mine came from and asked them for the hell of it and your right. Not available for the 240Z's :disappoin

They do have the KONI Special available for the 240Z's though which are red in color and is also an excellent choice. They are adjustable as well but with these you don't have the luxury of making the adjustments with the turn of a knob. The adjutments can only be made when they are out of the car. Those are still an excellent alternative though since the KONI Sport kit isn't available. You can still adjust them to your liking. You just have to do it before you install them. :)

• 11 months later...
I've got all KONI adjustables on my beautiful Z and I am one very satisfied customer :D

When I'm around town and want a little more softer ride, I pull the little white KONI knob out of my glove box and crank them down 3 clicks to "Soft" and before I hit the freeway or twisty county roads, I crank them all back up to "Firm" Usually the second click works great. The third is meant for Hard core Auto Xing LOL

I know I'm replying to an ancient post, but...do you have stock springs? I'm considering Illuminas with stock springs and ST sway bars. Clark, the local Z expert here in Nashville, says that's a good setup for roll control without a really harsh ride and with adjustability.

So what is the consensis on springs in a 240Z?

I'm currently going 220 front and 185lb in the rear 65mm adj coils, it sees more dirt than anything and I always beleived you used a softer spring in the rear of 240's 510's to make them squat and dig the power into the ground.

A lot of you guys are running soft front hard rear