IGNORED

Taillight poll

hls30.com

What would you guys like in your repro Taillights?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What would you guys like in your repro Taillights?

• Single piece clear lenses $170 (if you don't want reflectors subtract $20)
    • Euro Painted and coated clear lenses $220 a set (with out reflectors subtract $20)
    • Coloerd cast 4 piece euro scheeme lens $270 (with out reflectors subtract $20)
    • Colored cast 4 piec USA scheem lens $245 (with out reflectors subtract $20)

Look closely at your taillights, you are starting to feel very sleepy, and warm, thoughts of Z...

Anyway, in the upper lens there is a rectangular reflector that is placed in a recess within the lens. Look at the picture Ed posted, then at the picture Tina sent.

Will

I am still workking on the trims-close but not there yet!

Tina sent me some pictures of a set of lenses without the reflectors, and with clear lower lenses, She is on the ball!!

Here you go.

Clear lower lenses are OK, as using amber bulbs is DOT approved. But rear reflectors are technically required by DOT and most states. Clear lenses with red bulbs are also non-compliant as DOT does not currently approve any red-colored bulbs.

That said, someone who doesn't know much about early Z's would have to be pretty observant to even notice that the reflectors were missing. Less so to see clear upper halves, but even then since so many ricer Hondas have been using clear lenses with red bulbs I doubt it would be an issue.

• 1 month later...

I think Troy beat you to the punch, Will. I haven't seen his tail lights, but he is advertising like hell on eBay. Do you have the same deal going with the same manufacturer?

Try this place to get your chrome refinished. I haven't used them yet. http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/

I would simply make a judgement call and say that if you don't include the reflectors, you may get arrested for violation of the Homeland Security Decree and you certainly won't pass "stock" at the car show. Reflectors are wholesome.