IGNORED

Taillight poll

hls30.com

What would you guys like in your repro Taillights?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What would you guys like in your repro Taillights?

• Single piece clear lenses $170 (if you don't want reflectors subtract $20)
    • Euro Painted and coated clear lenses $220 a set (with out reflectors subtract $20)
    • Coloerd cast 4 piece euro scheeme lens $270 (with out reflectors subtract $20)
    • Colored cast 4 piec USA scheem lens $245 (with out reflectors subtract $20)

What would you guys like in your taillight reproductions?

prices are per matched pair.

I will get some clarification on whether the recess will still be in the lenses if the option to lose the reflectors is chosen.

I will also see it there is an option of:

USA painted and coated clear lenses at a savings from the euro cost.

The last two options are seamless and as close to the oem spec of the lenses as possable-without the writing.

Post any questions here.

Will

It would be nice to see what each of these lenses looked like. I know that some of them probably don't even exist yet so we can only imagine. Personally the clear looks too "high tech" or "ricey". We've seen the euro and the american. I'm wondering what it would look like without the reflector? Maybe someone with a photoshop can help us out.

My vote goes for the chrome strip. I bet people need these far worse than the lenses.

Just for info here is a stock American market lens:

post-1052-14150796355292_thumb.jpg

I haven't taken one apart for about 10 years, is that chrome middle piece metal or plastic?
Plastic. And not very good plastic, after 35 years. One of my chrome trims is broken, the other is intact but the chrome is peeling badly. If someone tooled up to reproduce those, I'm betting the market would be HUGE.

Plastic. And not very good plastic, after 35 years. One of my chrome trims is broken, the other is intact but the chrome is peeling badly. If someone tooled up to reproduce those, I'm betting the market would be HUGE.

oh well, I guess powdercoating is out of the option list, and they just came out with a chrome that actually looks good!