IGNORED

wheels and tires?

speedstar

hey guys ive been looking for some wheels for my 260z and have decided to go with the konig rewinds but the only thing im not shure about is that a 15x7 with a zero offset is the biggest they make them in, and i think i would be linited to a 50 series tire on a 15 inch wheel, and i dont know if i can live with that or not, i really wanted a 16x7 or 16x8 wheel so i could run some 205-45-16 tires. if anyone has a pic or 2 of thier z with 15 inch wheels and 50 series tires please post it so i can get an idea of what it will look like, and help would be great,

for 600.00 bucks a set a 15 inch might grow on me?

Donovan,

There is a search function that allows you to look through years of information that have been collected, regarding just about any subject matter on the early Z's. Usually when you don't get a reply to a question, it's because the subject has been discussed so many times before.....and tire/wheel fitment issues are high on the "Been discussed many time before list". Also, looking through the photo gallery may help you out with deciding a tire/wheel combo. Welcome aboard and happy hunting.

Donovan

My neighbor just got the rewinds in 15. Put a Dunlop 215/50-15 tire on them. They look great!! He hasn't joined site yet but will try to get some pics. Some have said that the combo will rub if you use lowering springs, I don't think so but not sure. Some others like them too, he just won best in class at Durham, NC Z show. Have fun

thanks guys for the help, i think im going to go ahead and get them in gunmetal with a zero offset and put a 215-50-15 on them. now all i need to do is figure out if they are going to be flush with the msa fender flare kit im odering or if i need a spacer? thanks again for your help and if anyone has any more pics that would be great

They will not be flush with any type of fender flare. They are designed to sit inside the stock fender. Too fill up any type of flare you will need 1" of spacing or more with that size tire. IMO it is better to go with a wheel that has the right offset for flares and width too and run a wider tire like a 245.

Yea, I guess ya could, but if your installing flares, you have the opertunity to obtain that "Deep Dish" look that we, who do want to cut our fenders, lust after.

Shop around and find a wheel to take advantage of the room your making. If ya show us a flared car with 15 X 8's with a -12 offset. We will be truly greenishly envious.

could i use a 1" wheel spacer to achieve the flushness

It depends on the flare. With ZG flares (the most common) you gain about 1.5-2" of outward clearence. My race tires fill out a set of zg's just right. They are 265 width (23x9x15) on a -12 offset wheel. So they stick out from the hub mounting surface 5.7" (to the outside edge of the tire). The 215's on a 0 offset wheel would be 4.2" from the hub surface. So there is a difference of 1.5" but IMO I do not think it is a good idea to run a 1.5" spacer. I have gone through all types of sinarios in my head over the last couple of years on how to run flares and fill them out with out spending lots-o-$. I figured out there is no way. To do it right, or the way I think it should be done, you need a set of custome wheels (16x8.5 -19 offset) which are going to cost around $450+ each and a set of 245/45/16 tires $150+ each and then have someone cut and weld the rear fenders and install the flares, $$$. In all the cost is way too much for me right now but one day... Until then a set of 15x7's with 225/50's will work great. If you have the $, do it, otherwise IMO you should stay with stock fenders until you have the money.