IGNORED

Wild looking gt2 280z

preith

I was going through my HRP catalog and noticed a really wild looking GT2 280Z that I've never seen before. From the photo it looks like it could be a pretty competetive car. I did a google search and couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone else have info?

697_9.jpg

EDIT: I also forgot to add, there's some really cool non-z cars here

I was going through my HRP catalog and noticed a really wild looking GT2 280Z that I've never seen before. From the photo it looks like it could be a pretty competetive car. I did a google search and couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone else have info?

I tried the same thing too :-) All I can tell from the pic is that is has wide 5 hubs front and rear. So it's probably double a-arm front and live axle rear. Would like to see more.

Cary

I have a couple of pictures of David Ogburns GT2 in my Gallery at

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3968&cat=500&page=1

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3969&cat=500&page=4

I e-mailed him about the body work and he said then he did not want to sell any copies but had older molds of his other body for sale. They were not as wild. I found the pictures on an old GT2 website.

I have a couple of pictures of David Ogburns GT2 in my Gallery at ...

I e-mailed him about the body work and he said then he did not want to sell any copies but had older molds of his other body for sale. They were not as wild. I found the pictures on an old GT2 website.

Thanks Steve! I knew I'd hear more about it from one of you guys. I'm curious if he's raced at the runoffs; searched a little on SCCA's archives, but they only went back to '02 and he wasn't on there.

Do you have any pics of his older body?

All I can tell from the pic is that is has wide 5 hubs front and rear. So it's probably double a-arm front and live axle rear.

Cary

Yup, my thoughts too. The wheels were a dead giveaway there was much more to that car. I wish that the rules didn't favor the solid axle cars so, but I guess that's the way it is. From Steve's engine shot it appears to be a well prepared car, up to par with the front runners out there today.

It's not a Z, but did you guys see this GTO? It caught me off gaurd a bit. You don't see too many road raced ones, maybe on the open track challenges though.

We used to have a guy that hillclimbed with us that had a falcon that looked very similar to this car.

Cary

You might be interested in a GT2 build up series of articles I found in a Canadian club newsletter. They are in intermittent months but are listed in the table of contents for the months that they do appear. http://www.omsc.ca/fast_lines.htm Articles 1-6 are no longer in the online archive but I e-mailed the webmaster to see if they are still available.

I have a pic or two of his tubeframe being built somewhere. I have looked through 4 CD's of my pictures but no luck yet.

Thanks again Steve. Please don't put too much effort into it just for me, or the group, but the photos are much appreciated.

I think I like this look better. Seems to follow the lines of the Z more.

Cary

Agreed, I think it looks better, but I suspect the other ones offer more downforce with less drag. With that said, the more I think about it, it wouldn't be too difficult to modify the stock steel fenders and healight buckets, and make mold patterns similar to that. The flares could be made with some flat sheet steel and no rolling, just kinda bending it over one's knee once the pattern is cut. As far as making the molds themselves...no experience there, but I'm die'n to try. If only I could afford the wheels and tires!