IGNORED

NEW GTR debut at the Tokyo Motor Show

v12horse

The Tokyo Motor Show is going to open very soon and the unveiling of the new Skyline GTR is going to be held there. Take a look at the gallery and see what you think of it. Most cars look a lot better in person, I hope this one does because I am not wild about what I see. Who am I to be the judge though? Take a look for yourselves.

http://www.gtrproto.com/

-Ben

p.s. Hopefully it keeps the Nissan badges. :paranoid:

I was watching that site too for the last few days... waiting...

You know, I like it. I don't quite understand the kink in the C pillar (looks like a Renault touch) and I don't think it is aggressive enough, but like you said I bet it looks different in person.

Unfortunately there was no specs page. Though most people say it will have a bored out, turboed VG35, it's not certain and I want to know what kind of power it will make. Or if in fact they put a V8 in it, what sort of unit that is.

I am also curious as to why there is no "GTR" badge on the rear. What's with all the car manufacturers having HUGE badges these days anyway.

Looks like it's built on the current Z platform rather than the Skyline/G-35 platform. They still haven't let on whether it will be a Nissan or an Infinity when (or IF) they send it to the US. You can be sure, though, that it WILL be de-tuned. The Tokyo Motor Show starts on Friday the 21st and runs for 16 days. Going on RIGHT NOW is a classic car show in Hibiya Park which was the original site of the Tokyo Motor Show. The feature photo looks like a Honda 2-seat roadster, but in background was a C110 GTR. I wish I could go to that. Maybe I can make the Motor Show . . . .

I like the profile and rear views. But I dont know about the front yet.

Chris

I agree, love the back don't mind it from the side but not quite there with the front yet. Still I'd have to see it in person.

Proof is in the pudding , I wanna know motor specs :)

Looks like it's built on the current Z platform rather than the Skyline/G-35 platform. .

the Z and G-35 are the same platform, as is the FX, its the FM Platform, the G is just stretched 8 inches.

I'm gonna have to reserve judgement on it until I see it in person. So far, it really isn't doing it for me, unfortunately. :(

First of all, it certainly is more attractive than a 350Z!!! I suspect that the looks of this car will tend to grow on you as time passes. By adding one's own personal touches I think it will look very racey and become a damn good looking ride....at least compared to some of the crap that has been released in the last few years. Now if it comes with all wheel drive and 400+ HP....now your talkin!!!

I should not be negative towards the car as I have never seen it. I apologize for my comments. They were very childish.

-Ben

Ben, I don't speak for anyone but myself, but you keep the comments coming okay? Not childish in my opinion.

Chris