IGNORED

Save S30-0002

Mr Camouflage

The Restoration of HS30-000005 is an uphill battle for sure. There does not appear to be a straight panel on her.

Who's restoring The No.5 ? Any pictures of the process/progress?

Must say I'm thrilled No.2 just popped up on the grid like this - a junk yard find. Awesome!

Hello 26th-Z,

I know Brian said that,and I think it is correct.Do you remember one of two test vehicles for the U.S. & Canada in late 1969 had a automatic transmission ? The automatic trans existed already in late 1969 just it was not released until mid 1970.Also Nov 1969 parts catalog listed parts numbers for the automatic transmission.

S30-00002 was released to out side of the factory but I think that car was originaly not for the customer,so it was given the automatic trans before Nissan officaily made auto trans S30.

And about rivets of radiator support,I already notice it and I am showing it in my web site.When I boght my 240Z,Tetsu (restorer) told me that rivets are the good sign of early production.I think manufacturing process was a kind of slow in early days,so they have a time and money to put those rivets?

Thank you,

kats

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/rivets.html

Who's restoring The No.5 ? Any pictures of the process/progress?

Must say I'm thrilled No.2 just popped up on the grid like this - a junk yard find. Awesome!

I don't think anyone is restoring no. 5. The '00005' referrence was just a tounge-in-cheek comment earlier in this thread. I believe Ron meant to say 00002.

• 1 month later...

Hi,all!

Mr.Harigae sent me a CD of S30-00002.I post some of them,please take a look carefully.

My quick impression of this car is,"very complecated" or how do you say, "doutfu?l".Because so many parts seen in this car are known as "1971 model"

My eyes went following these points,

#1 Dash center vent,grilled

#2 Break master Vac is large type

#3 Steering wheel spoke has holes

#4 2 tool boxes in the rear deck

#5 rear suspention member"carved for a later defferential"

#6 Seats and carpet is not like 1969 assembled Z car

#7 rear quater panels has air vent

So,generaly speaking,this car could be a 1971 car.But I do not know.

What a complecated thing is,the VIN punched on the fire wall.

It is very clean and for me,no evidence to be re-attached or re numberd by someone.

What do you think of this?

I guess 2 stories.

#1 This car was assembled in 1971.But given S30-00002 for this car I do not know why.Of cource true S30-00002 was born in Mid 1969,but let's say it was scrapped for the test in the factory,so the number was disapeared from the earth.I dout Nissan used the number "S30-00002" again at the begining of 1971 model production????

#2 This car is not original S30-00002,could be S30-xxxxxx.Only the VIN portion was transfared from S30-00002 with very carfully "profesional cosmetic sergery".Or,this car's half front is S30-00002 but half rear end is S30-xxxxxx(1971 model).

Please help me every one!

kats

P.S. Mr.Harigae said to me,he is very glad to hear so many people see and talk about this car.He said please discuss whatever related this car,he is also excited about some facts will be found.I have got the clearance about post pictures and post coments(whatever) from him.

post-3193-14150795867843_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150795868056_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415079586826_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415079586841_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150795868557_thumb.jpg