IGNORED

'Picked up my 280Z Today :D

KDMatt

UP= right turn

DOWN= left turn

BACK= flash high beams

FORWARD= highbeams will stay on. Make sence? :)

I coulda sworn that's what I was doing... o.o

Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. I think my right headlight isn't aligned right either. I drove for the first time in near total darkness tonight, and the right headlight seems to be pointed at the ground noticeably steeper than the left one. It's not a big thing, but is there any way I can do that myself, or it one of the few things that even you seasoned Z-nuts leave to the pros?

UP= right turn

DOWN= left turn

BACK= flash high beams

FORWARD= highbeams will stay on. Make sence? :)

Are you sure that your switch works like that? As far as I know, Zs never had the high beam flash feature. That showed up in the 810s and ZXs.

I don't think there are any magnets in a starter motor. Once the coils are energized they become electro-magnets....but no real magnets exist in the starter!

You best re-check your electric motor manual. Not until recently (last decade or so) have there been motors that do not have magnets around the armature.

As I remember, without a magnet you can't get an electric motor to run.

E

You can position your own headlights...just use a screw driver, there are adjusting screws around the headlight, loosen/tighten to get it just right.

Excellent, that's what I want to hear!

Well... I tried the highbeams again not long ago... but... for whatever reason, I still don't have them. When I pull the switch back, all it does is turn off the low beams and leave me with nothing but what would be parking lights.

Is it possible that there's a wiring problem or that the wrong kind of bulbs are installed or something?