IGNORED

Looking for a RHS 240Z mirror?

ZSaint

Just to follow up on my earlier post and the responses received to that, I was mainly posting the availablity of the pairs of mirrors on ebay in response to the possible solution of purchasing UK or Australian mirrors as discussed by some North American members in this and other mirror threads.

I have just searched a copy of some parts microfiche for Australian mirrors which Will correctly says are different to those in North American Zeds.

To complement the information offered on the parts numbers for the UK mirrors posted earlier in this thread, the Australian mirror parts numbers are :

96302-E8800 Assy - Back Mirror Door Outside

96301-E8800 Assy - Back Mirror Door Outside

The reference I have does not differentiate between LH and RH mirrors but I assume that these numbers cover both.

The reasons that Australian cars did not have the same mirrors as available elsewhere in the world has been discussed in other threads but in short were due to the fender mirrors being deemed "unacceptable" in Australia although some early Zeds and imported second hand Zeds did come in with fender mounted mirrors.

James, in response to your request for more information on other mirrors, this thread discussed Australian mirrors and other options used in Australia and has accompanying pics.

http://www.wazcars.com/forumframe.php

The pictures below are stolen from those contributed by MrCamouflage - hope you do not mind Craig.

Mr Camouflage states in the WAZcar thread that the mirrors pictured here were the only Nissan/Datsun mirror sold with Australian cars although many cars were fitted with aftermarket and Ford mirrors as a dealer option. The part numbers are the only ones I can find in my reference for Australian Zeds.

post-7655-14150798901139_thumb.jpg

post-7655-14150798901344_thumb.jpg

post-7655-14150798901545_thumb.jpg

Those mirrors do favor the ones issued to us septics, even in terms of part numbers, but the part numbers from down under aren't valid here either.

The mirror on the red car looks to be an example of one that has had the flag rotated-that is to say it is actually a mirror made for the other side of the car-the angle to the door glass gives it away.

Will

Those mirrors do favor the ones issued to us septics, even in terms of part numbers, but the part numbers from down under aren't valid here either.

The mirror on the red car looks to be an example of one that has had the flag rotated-that is to say it is actually a mirror made for the other side of the car-the angle to the door glass gives it away.

Will

What is this mirror then ? This mirror came with a group of parts that I am selling for a friend. Is this a real part, and or is it right or left.:nervous:

5916427_1024.ts1162774058933.jpg

5916439_1024.ts1162774065396.jpg

That looks like a DS door mirror-the easiest way to tell is to hold its base flat on the edge of a a table and see which way it leans. When looking at it from the front, a DS mirror will lean to the left, from the back, obviously it would lean the other way. A PS mirror will be exactly the opposite.

The blue example is a stalk from a PS mirror..

Will

post-4106-14150798903526_thumb.gif