IGNORED

New Poll of the month

hls30.com

What parts of a 240Z are represented in a 350Z  

229 members have voted

1. 1. What parts of a 240Z are represented in a 350Z

• You are kidding right, they bearly share materials-the Z can't even count!.
    • The same licesnse plate will fit both.
    • A hatch back, 4 wheels, plastic, glass, and steel.
    • They both ride on rubber, and use spark, air, and gas to move.
    • The 350Z has an outrageous advertising budget, the 240Z doesn't need one.
    • One is a new car that leans on an on an old one, One is an old car that stands by its self.
    • They both were great values when they were current models
    • you are kidding right, the 350Z has more in common with a 280ZX!
    • They both are featured in Sport Z Magazine.
    • The 350Z is related to the 240Z only by the claims of the Nissan marketing machine.
    • The 240Z is derivative, the 350Z is a fresh new design.
    • There are a great number of styling cues that are shared.
    • Albert GoertZ designed as much of the 350Z as he did the 240Z.
    • The 350Z does not need the 240Z.
    • The 350Z is clearly the superior product

IMO, if they really were going to capture the excitement of the 240Z, they should have priced the 350Z at about $13,000, which sounds affordable to me.

Agreed... They should have started a base-model at $19,500. They would have sold a LOT more cars.

It probably would have cost them $20 million to figure out how to save the 400 lbs, and redesign, retool, etc. Not to mention even more money for the cosmetics.

So the price is back up to $35,000 then, but the car is lighter and nicer-looking.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think they look anything alike. the 350Z looks like a lonely prostitute on the street corner; you know, the big azzed ones that dont get any "love"? and the 240-280Z's are like the hotties in high school that put out on-call.

given ive never driven a 350Z cause im only 18 and dont have time to go to the dealer to get a test drive, i still love my 280Z even if its a 2+2.

i agree with hls30. side embles near the rear quarter or headlight buckets. also, weight watchers for the rear. then i *might* consider buying it.

the sad part?

when im yall's age and buy my son an old Z, its going to have to be the 350Z to restore. you know what i mean? if i buy him a 240Z, they will be over 50years old, and we wont be able to find any parts!! (long live MSA!)

This is a good poll and Will I think you have a great sense of humor some of those poll options were hilarious. LOL .

However in comparing the 350z with the 240z I think it's as retro as the Z has come in years. The 280zx was different enough to the early cars to not be considered a Z by many however I am some what soft and do think the 2 seater S130 can look alright. The trademark 3 guages in the middle is still there and the sugar scoop headlights and rear lights are similar.

However in between the Z31 and Z32 are nothing like an early Z and I must say IMHO the best Z cars are the early S30 and the Z33.

Compare the 350z to the new RX8 or any other new sports car I think the 350z is quite a good looking car against other items in the market place. In Australia they are selling for $60k + for a base model which is quite good for a sports car in Australia :stupid: .

If it weren't for the option to be able to get R32,33,34 skyline GTR's in Australia I'd probably buy a 350z if i was in the market for it.

Will is correct though an old Z S30 will always command more attention than the new Z's and I think it's because it's a perfectly designed car and to try and beat that is very hard I mean Nissan are still trying LOL .

The other day when I got my 260 out of the garage for the spring time weather, I drove her to the grocery store (Not really "drove" her, more prayed she would get there in one peice! Damn, I have a sudden urge to work on her now :) ). Anyways, I pulled into the parking lot and behold the chances- a brand new 350 sitting in there. So I do the sly thing and part my 260 right next to the new 350. It was sweet. Granted, not to much visually the same (Heck, the badges aren't even the same!) but it was still cool. Well, cool until the owner of the 350 came out (some 23 year old guy) and looked at my car and said, "Nice car. What is it?" I felt an urge to smack him! I told him it was a Z and he looked at me funny. He just said, "Whatever, dude, I have the Z. Keep dreaming!" and got in his car and left. My jaw literally dropped.

It didn't help any on the way home when some kid in a Civic at a stop light said, "Yo! Nice Probe!" What?? A Ford Probe?? Come on!!!

Also, there was a little vapor-lock starting issue on the way home! GRR! Took like 3 minuets of pumping the gas and delicately working the ignition to get her started. Ahh, the joy of SU's!

Dave