IGNORED

Sound

The C110

Ok sounds great!! Have you taken her onto the track prior to this occasion? Okay now this opens up an absoloute can of worms for me :classic: Im sure you may have discussed with other members the history of your c10, but briefly would you be able to explain how it came to be in your possesion? Oh and what sort of power (roughly) do you think youre making at the fly? Cheers,

Tom

October last year. Enjoyed about 10-15 laps of Oran Park. A quick way to discover good road tyres are not good race tyres! A nice road suspension setup just doesn't cut it on the track. My first time actually playing on the track as well, so I was more than a bit cautious. I eventually wanted to go faster, but I could feel the car drifting and weaving and scrubbing the tyres more than I was happy with (I had to drive 1.5 hours on them to get home yet!) so I stuck to winding out 2nd and third on the straight and keeping out of the way. The guy who invited me along to the track day has a KGC10 very similar to mine, running semi comp. tyres.....a huge difference on the track. The two silver KGC10's caused quite a stir in the pits amongst all the more modern Skylines, 200SX's and the like.

One night early last year just for the fun of it I did a google search on "kpgc10". Up popped the Nispares site with the C10 GTX for sale. i drooled for a while and eventually moved on, not really thinking i could afford it.

A few days later I got an invite to the Prince Skyline owners 40th Anniversary national meeting at Beechworth.

At breakfast on the first day I was seated next to of all people , the guy selling the C10! After breakfast he took me to where the car was parked.....I was pretty well hooked from that point on! Everything about it was, to me, perfect...the shape , colour, wheels, SOUND!

Thankfully the car remained unsold until I was in a position to buy it a few months later. I flew down to Melbourne and drove the car home.

Originally bought at auction in Japan by the guy i bought it from, Ron,mid 2003, I think. Appears to be a recent (Japanese) restoration.

The motors internals remain a mystery. At Auction in Japan it was said to be a "Kakimoto built 3 litre". It is obviously well built in Japan, very quick revving and torquey, but very tractable on the road. Giken lightened flywheel and clutch(it rattles!), Mikunis, Fujitsubo exhaust system, Huge stainless 6 into 2 extractors, C210 gearbox. Both the head and block are "N42". Electronic dizzy.

Horsepower?...I dunno..Sometime when I'm cashed up I wanna stick it on a dyno to see what it has, and maybe tune a bit more into it? Still needs some bits, apparently it didn't arrive in Australia with all the badges it had on it at the auction. The correct "GT" badges on the front guards, rear quarter panel badges also. I've changed the grill to a GTR type. It's a work in progress..... :classic:

Jim.

post-6441-14150795033148_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795033701_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795034064_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795034433_thumb.jpg

Those C10's are beautiful. I know of three that are in the states (there has to be more). I have seen two of them. One was a KGC10. The other two are GC10's. The cleanest one that I saw was the silver GC10 that is located somewhere in LA. Jim, your C10 :love: . Perfect. These are the best pictures that I have seen of it. About how many are there in Aus? Are there quite a few of the early Prince Skyline's down under? Thank you for the photos.

-Ben

Hi Ben,

Besides these two there are another two being rebuilt in sheds, and one heavily modified in Western Australia, c-red imports , scroll down to the blue C10. One rumoured to be in Tasmania ?

The Prince gathering was the first one of its kind in Australia. IIRC there were 24 princes(GTA's, GTB's) in attendance. At least half that again either sitting in sheds around the country waiting for a round tuit, or were not in attendance.

A few aussie prince bits!

post-6441-14150795035055_thumb.jpg

post-6441-1415079503525_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795035669_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795035845_thumb.jpg

Ahhh fantastic Jim!! Wonderful, wonderful pics, i keenly await the sound, and perhaps a video now!! Interesting info regarding the purchase, i think that mustve been the most sensible way to purchase a c10 in Aus - from someone else! :D The internals sound great, too :classic: How did it go against the other guy's c10 down the straight? Oh and finally, did you recieve any perplexing comments from s13/s14/s15, r32/r33/r34 drivers? :stupid:

Just out of interest, what is prohibiting you from road registering it? I know of other c10's that have been road registered in aus, so im sure youve attempted it so far? Hope to hear more about this magnificent beast!

Ben,

There arent a great deal of c10's in Australia, either, as they were not sold in this country. We recieved the s54 prince skyline series, however, including the gta and the gtb models [the ancestor to the first gtr really], thus there are a few surviving examples [note few :) ] According to a summary of the Prince Skyline owners 40th Anniversary national meeting at Beechworth in a local classic car magazine, around 30 prince skylines attended, the majority of which were s54's. As Jim was present at the meet, he may be able to clarify this a little, but i would imagine that there would not be many more 'healthy' s54 or earlier prince skylines in australia than the figures mentioned. Regards,

Tom

p.s just beat me to my post jim!

The internals sound great, too
:ermm: I haven't been able to confirm just what's inside yet!
How did it go against the other guy's c10 down the straight?
We never actually lined up and went at it, I tried to arrange it one time when I happened to be ahead of Nathan on the track by slowing right down on the approach to the BP sweeper onto the straight, so we were at BP onto the straight at the same time....big mistake! With his semi slicks he could charge through with a lot more speed than I so I was then chasing him down the straight now ROFL . but there wasn't a lot in it. Even so I got the impression his engine was pulling harder than mine up top.
did you recieve any perplexing comments from s13/s14/s15, r32/r33/r34 drivers?

Not really, but I've never heard the term Old Skool used so often!

Just out of interest, what is prohibiting you from road registering it? I know of other c10's that have been road registered in aus, so im sure youve attempted it so far?

I organized Historic rego in late Feb. If you are interested I can post more info about this. Basically I can drive to club meetings, events etc. servicing tests. Things like a fuel economy run over a few days must be noted by the club registrar prior to the trip.

I know of other c10's that have been road registered in aus

Tell me ALL Thomas.....Leave out nothing :laugh: ...Ooh! and pictures,..don't forget the pictures :D

Thanks Tom,

Jim.

post-6441-14150795039179_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795039564_thumb.jpg