IGNORED

Sun/targa roof possible?

MickieB

i have to agree with alpha.. dont do it, and if you have to have one, buy a pre butchered one.

People are buying good roofs for 240z to replace sunroofs that where installed 10-20-30 years ago.

People have different options about 260z 2+2 -but I still think they are a jap classic shape(2nd only to the 240z and 2 seater 260z) and it is a shame to f*up their nice lines. if you want a "open" car, buy a aus('89+) capri or a 280zx T.

Lots of good advice and several valid points. I like the "go ahead and cut it up. It makes mine more valuable" one the best. My father bought an old porsche and was thinking of cutting the top off. He remembers the days when coachwork was typically personalized and is considered quite interesting in the classic collector car world. I told him the same thing; "If you want an open car, buy an open car".

On the other hand, many people are constructing replicars of famous Zs that no longer exist. I think it would be a very admirable project to replicate a prototype example, just as it is popular to replicate the race cars. Convertables are popular. Have you given thought to a convertable, MickieB?

There is a rear hatch deck component I have seen called the "Pantera" deck. My first thoughts about it were how well it would work with the targa design.

But down the track i want a supra anyways, so i might get one with the aero roof cheap, cause no one seems to wants them. BUT I DO!

NO ONE WANTS THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you seriouse!!!!!!!!!!!???????? my dad has one and the only reason people dont want them is because they are so much more expensive and 18yr old kids cant afford them. no way at all do people not want them.

Tom.

i agree with alpha dog. i believe the aero is a lot better looking, attracts more attention, and is more popular. but more expensive, so theres less of them floating around. i think people probably dotn buy them not because they are not as strong, because when the roofs in they are and there is a lot you can do, and easily, to stiffen the chassis, but rather that rhd aero supra's are only available in auto. whilst some people have done manual conversions (my dad is contemplating this) that only makes them more expensive, and therefore that would be why it seems that people dont want them.

Tom.

BTW. check out the pics. http://community.webshots.com/user/tommo560

Speaking of Supras, this guy's a mate of a mate.

Its not so much the supra that gets the attention, its the paint job which changes from metallic green to putple and again to bronze, depending on the angle of the light bouncing off the car. So the cars 3 different colours at the one time. And it's not just show, it goes pretty hard to, and is a daily driver.

http://members.westnet.com.au/nokternl/Mesmerize/main.html