IGNORED

Just Nuts!

gramercyjam

Actually that's just about the going price right now.

I bought a set for just a little over 500, and within a month or so the prices went over 800 a pair when the supply dried up. Now that there is a supply again, the prices seem to have leveled off around 520-545 a pair.

Kinda like gas prices, once they go way up, when they finally settle down, the prices don't come back down to where the started from.... :( :paranoid:

I guess we shouldn't complain too much, at least there is a supply again, unlike many other needed parts. Maybe one of these days, some of the parts that are in high demand will be available again.

I looked into what it would take to get an injection mold made, for just a L & R lower for amber plastic, and I was told $1000.00+. It is possible with a group buyin. What would it be worth to you? $100 per pair with 15 people, no profit. Maybe the molds could be owned by Classic Zcar Club, sell them here as a way to generate revenue to help with the site. Just a thought.

Skip

I looked into what it would take to get an injection mold made, for just a L & R lower for amber plastic, and I was told $1000.00+. It is possible with a group buyin. What would it be worth to you? $100 per pair with 15 people, no profit. Maybe the molds could be owned by Classic Zcar Club, sell them here as a way to generate revenue to help with the site. Just a thought.

Skip

i like that idea.... it would be a good alternative and a good investment

-jason

Possible urban legend...

A car club in Australia, story I heard said a "Leyland P76 "club, enquired about having tail light lenses remade. The originals were all fading badly from the original red and amber, to a very washed out clear pink and orange.New stock had gone NLA years before. A chinese manufacturer was given a set of sample lenses and the order made. To the horror of the club members when the new lenses arrived and were unpacked...sure enough, perfect reproductions of the original Faded samples that had been supplied!! ROFL

If going repro, make sure your chosen manufacturer knows what you expect.

I really hope this wasn't true but it is one of those stories that a lot of people seem to know about.

Jim.