IGNORED

Wanted! 1970 240Z in Good to Great Condition

gruvyz

I am looking for a 1970 240Z in Good to great condition. No cracks in dash. No rust in floor boards or frame rails. Low milage wanted. I realize this will not be an inexpensive vehicle. Please keep a look out for me.

Welcome to Clasisic Zcar Club!

You are right, 1970 240Zs in the condition you are looking for are rare and rather expensive. However, compared to other vintage sports cars, the 240Zs in good condition are just beginning to "take off" in terms of value. I would check out ebay.com, Cars.com, autotrader.com, etc and keep a constant watch. I noticed that you did not state where you are from. If you live in a warm & dry climate (like parts of California, Arizona, or Nevada, you may be able to find a rust-free one locally. Rust-free 240s can be found in all 50 states, but are much harder to find in most areas. But since you are looking for a good, solid 1970, you will probably need to make a nationwide search. There is a large number of members here at Classic Zcar Club that know a lot more than I do about Zcars and can probably give you some insight as well. Good luck with your search!

I am in New Jersey. I don't mind shipping a car to me from anywhere in the country. Price is flexible. We will see what the market bears. I currently own a 1970 240Z all original in beautiful white. The vehicle however has a few nicks and dings in the pans and rails. So, I will sell mine once I purchase a replacement.

Originally posted by gruvyz

I currently own a 1970 240Z all original in beautiful white. The vehicle however has a few nicks and dings in the pans and rails. So, I will sell mine once I purchase a replacement.

It sounds as if your existing car might be hard to beat if you want something really early. How bad are the 'nicks and dings' you refer to. Are we talking holes/rust? If you want another all original car that makes it even harder to get.

FWIW

Andrew

My 1970 is an 8.5 out of 10. High quality paint and no rust & 95,000 miles, just a few dings from road impact. I am looking for a next to perfect 70 to upgrade to & keep for the next 30 years! I am a true Z lover! Now is the time to upgrade.

Gruvy:

Where in NJ are you? There at least 3 other members in Morris/Sussex counties that frequent the board.

Have you pics avail? I'm curious if I've seen you as I have passed a white Z recently...

I currently posess a 71 (stripped) and a 78 (running). Perhaps you'd like to join us for an evening of beer and wrenching.

I am in Oceanport, which is minutes from the shore and Red Bank. I have a 1.5 yr old & a 7 week old, & just moved into a home, so my Z time this year is a little short. However, I have only owned 1st gen. Z's my entire life exept for my pick up truck, so I will be around for many more years to get together. Any good Z get togethers, let me know, & I'll meet you with one of my 70 Zs. I'm working on a 450 HP turbo super clean low milage 1970 240 Z. I'm having the engine built in CA. I'll start a gallery so you can see the progress. Take care, Dave

To get the quality of car you are talking about is not going to be cheap. Plus you never really know the car until you own it.

Can't always tell what you're getting.

Why don't you spend the money on the car you know?

Going from an 8.5 to a 10 will cost but at least you know what you have.

A 8.5 out of a 10 sounds like a pretty nice car. I don't think I could survive my husband restoring another Z. He truely enjoyed it but the pain of writing all those checks nearly killed meLOL I'd much rather buy a car that's done but then it's done to someone elses tastes he says. Post some pics of this 8.5 Z. Welcome to the club:classic:

Vicky

gruvyz

Certainly ain't going to be cheap. The only reference point I have is that silver car with 14k miles that was almost sold for $30,000 recently and that was a 71 car, but perhaps the low miles more than made up for it not being a 70.

'One' of your 1970z's, how many do you have?

Andrew