IGNORED

What'd you get for Father's Day?

ChrisA

Glad you had a nice day Chris. I'm wondering how that Mr. Clean Auto Dry Wash will work. Says it's guaranteed to leave NO spots. I was thinking of buying one. Go wash your Z and let us knowLOL

Vicky

I got a car wash kit as well ( sponge, wheel brush etc etc) and a HUGE bar of chocolate from my chocolate loving eldest son. Guess who has eaten most of it!!!!

Best present of all was being able to sneak in 3 hours of spraying up suspension parts on my z in the afternoon.:classic:

Andrew

The day started out with a nice 2 hour drive in my Z (alone) through the Texas hill country...nice hilly windy roads...great for the Z! It just reminded me why I love these cars. :)

Then I washed off the exhaust smell and my wife and I went to the hospital to see our daughter (she was born 7 weeks early which was 4 weeks ago today and is in the NICU).

Then we went to my parents house for dinner (and to wish my old man a happy father's day also) and I opened my present that my daughter got me (must have bought it on-line from the NICU) and it was a very nice Seiko dive watch, I'm also SCUBA certified. Now the reality of this is that I bought the watch 2 weeks ago and gave it to my wife to wrap because she wanted to get it for me for father's day but she was on bed rest and could not go anywhere.

This old fart got an old fart present from the wife: one of those swings with a canopy to put on the deck and contemplate my navel. She just wants me to get into the old age syndrome and croak sooner so she can inherit my massive fortune. That really is laughable!ROFL Actually it is really comfortable and probably will make me live longer from relaxing too much. I can now swing in the chair, sip chokecherry wine, and watch with lazy delight as the Z slowly rusts away in the garage. Nap time. Victor.

Yes, good luck to your little kiddo. Hope she is progressing quickly.

For Fathers day, I got time off to pick up my newly acquired 78 280Z...

Now I've got 2!!!!

This one is more a driver and won't be fully dismanted (like the 71 in boxes and bins). It needs some work and TLC but Kevin (St. Stephen) is helping out with that.

I/we hope to have this on the road in a week or so and hope it doesn't need much more than clean fuel, clearing the fuel lines and finding/fixing the brake problem (no power assist).

That aside, some slight body rust (not too bad from 10 feet) and some patches to the floors and front frame rails will have this on the road.

Oh, btw... its a 2+2...

Hope You all had a happy fathers day. I'm still too young for that kind of commitment. I spent some time with my father in the evening.

Texasz you are a very Lucky man. I hope everything goes well.

Enjoy your New watch. I wore a Seiko automatic up until my father gave me a new Seiko Kinetic 3 years ago.

-Brandon

All -

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Our little Kate is doing very well and there's really nothing to worry about. She was just early and therefore small and a bit underdeveloped but that's all changing now as she grows. I have started a separate thread for this if anyone is interested so that it will not detract from the original purpose of the Father's day discussion. Here's a link to the new thread: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13711

My daughter and probably future son-in-law took me out to breakfast (and they even paid). That's two years in a row now, so I guess we've got a tradition going. Then the probably future son-in-law and I worked on getting my little vintage 5 hp Sea King outboard going. After smoking out the neighborhood for an hour we took the old fishing boat for a spin up and down the Okanogan River. Didn't fish, but it was a nice day to be on the water. Nice Father's Day all around.

Hang in there TexasZ, we'll be praying for you and your family.