IGNORED

#390 For Sale! Please Save From the Shredder!!

HLS-00390 is for sale. This important piece of 24Z history is less than 2 days from the shredder and needs someone to save it! Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2479358623&category=6187

It needs a lot of work, but has most of it's original parts! If I lived in or near PA I would buy it! Save this classic from the shredder!

Pass the word!!!!

I think I've seen this car up for auction before and it didn't sell.

With the amount of rust he describes, it may end up as a parts car for the original parts that are still good.:ermm: There's some pieces he describes as being rusty or rusted through that are going to take a lot of work to replace, and some will need to be fabricated.

Hoses rotted off the engine tell me that it not only will need a full chassis resto, but a mechanical one as well from front to back.

This car was briefly discussed on the 240z.org mail list, and even Carl Beck (who reveres the first 500 USA 240Z's) felt this was nothing more than a parts car for the few salvagable items it still contains which could aid a restoration of another car.

Guess the current bid also suggests that other feel the same.

Maybe Fred Flintstone will buy it?

This one sounds like it's in worst shape chassis wise than my 72 parts car, but, it could be a gold mine for parts for another early car if the price is right.

If I remember right, this one may have been the one that was auctioned off on Ebay that was up around Utica, NY. I remember there was a very early car up for auction that was close to one of my relatives and thought seriously about having them go take a quick "look-see".

Good thing the one I just bought was a race car project when I bought it, or I'd have to consider this one for parts to put 809 back on the street.:ermm: I've got too many now as it is....:stupid:

Full marks for the "no bullsh!t" sales talk. This car will require serious trips to the bank manager.

Yes it would make a parts car IF everything were in there. Other wise it could be a waste of time and money.

Everything must go eventually and this one sounds stuffed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2479358623&category=6187

Looks like #390 was sold. Looks like it just barely made it over the reserve price at $510.00 (it was at $500.00 earlier today and the reserve was not met at that point). I hope the buyer has the time & resources to restore #390 back to its original glory, but of course I am a "glass half full" guy.

I understand that the original interior color was one I have never seen or heard of on a Z - turquoise. I would love to see pics of the car if it ever is restored. cbuczesk was the winning bidder and looking at a few of the items that he has previoulsy purchased, there are a lot of Z items. Figures it would take a real Z nut (like all of us!) to purchase such a basket case. In all seriousness though, I really do hope it is restored and not just parted out. Does anyone know who cbuczesk is? And what plans he has for the car?

Lonetreesteve wrote:

I understand that the original interior color was one I have never seen or heard of on a Z - turquoise.

I think the turquoise color is really blue. With the affects of the sun, dirt, wear, and time, the blue color turns into kind of a turquoise.