Sign in to follow this  
SportZMagazine

Summer 2004 Sport Z Magazine highlights + 16-page bonus insert!

Carl, you don't expect me to give every secret of the magazine away do you.

I will tell you that Ed is a real person. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Maybe I can talk Ed into posting on this thread. he might have a thing or two to say.

And you give our editor waaaaaaaay to much credit for knowing a lot of things about all Z's. Let's not inflate his ego any more than it already is. he has enough scars on the side of his head from not being able to walk through doors.

Originally posted by RAZ1

And you give our editor waaaaaaaay to much credit for knowing a lot of things about all Z's. Let's not inflate his ego any more than it already is. he has enough scars on the side of his head from not being able to walk through doors.

Dave..........................your boss is talking trash about you. You gonna let him get away with that?

:)

Hey Bill, we have the question and even though it doesn't pertain to anything technical, I'll make sure that Ed answers it for you. Stay tuned, we'll try to have it in the next issue.

Any other plasces to get the magazine?

I have a borders, B. dalton, others nearby, not to mention the grocery stores, etc.

I'd like to read the how-to stuff.

OK, I'm ED (sort of). The real ED is not ED(itor) and the real ED is not RAZ1, I'm ED (sort of) and billramsey2002's characterization of ED being a d*** is hurtful.

ED, as I know him, calls everybody ED. ED, as I remember, was the "front guy" when RAZ1 and I (ED) were exploring the possibility of lauching Sport Z Magazine. You see, ED is all knowing and Sport Z would have never started if he had given RAZ1 and me (ED) a thumbs down.

ED used to be adorned with a gold necklace and exhibit SAE and crescent wrenches but was booed off the stage some months back. That was hurtful also. ED's humor can be an aquired taste for some but I think the characterization of Ed being a d*** is a bit harsh.

Editor is also an ed of a different color and the same applies to RAZ1 also. So, in conclusion, Ed is me. When ED (me) is unavailable, RAZ1 and ED(itor) assume ED's identity.

Hope that clears everything up.

Bob Bell

Publisher &...

Sport Z Magazine

Well what about the guy he or you or whoever called cheap. How did he feel?

I dont have anything agaisnt szm, but if whoever it is thats rights those comments has to browl peaple out then he should expect something back...my 2 cents

Originally posted by billramsey2002

Well Basicaly Ed is a d***. The magazine needs to find a new tech dude.

Bill, take it out with them directly... not on our site. You are entitled to an opinion, but not a war.

Originally posted by jkoc

so uhhh.... i didnt get my summer issue still.........should i be worried?

It is sitting in the Canadian Post Office (or USPS) lunchroom being read by every employee in the facility. You should get it by Thanksgiving (or Christmas). LOL

Bill, you were the one who changed the topic of the thread.

Secondly, calling people names such as you did has NEVER been allowed on our site.

Thirdly, SportZ Magazine is a sponsor of this web-site, and no one will be allowed to harass anyone associated with SportZ on this site. Period.

Originally posted by jkoc

so uhhh.... i didnt get my summer issue still.........should i be worried?

Yes you should. The USPS is the only part of Sport Z Magazine that I cannot control. We have 10 - 15 issues each mailing that never make it. It's a frustrating situation, but we try to take care of it the best way we know how.

The Canada mail situation is out-of-control and they won't even talk to me anymore. Six weeks is normal to them; it's not normal to me.

Please send an email directly to me at publisher@sportzmagazine.com and I'll take care of it immediately. I will need your full name and address and I'll take it from there.

There are some other board members of this forum missing the summer issue as well, please email your details to me as well.

Terribly sorry about the delay -- that's why we had to offer first class mailing. It drives us postal, but we don't shoot anybody.

Bob Bell

Publisher

Sport Z Magazine

Hey SportZ Magazine,

Thanks for your booth at the National Convention. I picked up two back issues when I stopped to say hello.

Originally posted by 26th-Z

Hey SportZ Magazine,

Thanks for your booth at the National Convention. I picked up two back issues when I stopped to say hello.

Art Singer (associate publisher & graphic designer) was there at the booth along with a couple of our terrific writers. Business was brisk

BTW, thanks for picking up the two back issues; every order is important to us.

Bob Bell

Publisher

Sport Z Magazine