IGNORED

Social Poll...

Zvoiture

How far do you live from where you grew up?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you live from where you grew up?

• Under 10 miles (16km)
    • 10-50 miles (80km)
    • 50-100 (160km)
    • 100-200 (320km)
    • 200-500 (800km)
    • 500-1000 (1600km)
    • 1000-2000 (3200)
    • Over 2000 miles

Whoa there young man! Slow down, use smaller words, and get off the sauce before getting on your keyboard (What is this "Resident Wino"about)!

Here is my "POSH" responseROFL !

The inference of your post is not supported by the margin of error of your test design and in a sample size of 123. I am afraid that while the reverse bell curve may indicate a strong parallel to some previously observed indication, the "deep reverberations in socio-economic structure" may be more an indication of error in the test design than actual reflection of the sample. the only criteria collected in the test is current distance from what the subjects considered to be 'Home", and that criteria was subjectively interpreted by you(see your post of 5/7/04 @1:46am) My test response is not subjective-I consider College Station to be my "growing up spot". :finger: Where I live now has nothing to do with my income-or social status.

The only Socio-Economic criteria available to you is what is in the profiles of the respondants, and their responses. That does nor necessarily reflect accurate economic data, and consequently, introduces error.

You can't be sure if I own a 500K house or a 75K House-or of the bank really owns either one, or both.

This test does not collect enough variables to be conclusive in anything but the collected information,:

How far we live from where we consider to be where we grew up

Will

PS. Now, I have an engine to pull, not because I can't afford to have some one else do it for me, but because I want to!:stupid:

BTW, I think scones are much better with a little used motoroil from my outstretched pinkie, after changing out an engine!ROFL

Thank you for your concern over my sample size and focus. I hear you. But. If you look at the rest of the polls, somewhere north of 100 votes is about all you can get. Yes, we have a gajillion members, but getting 200 votes is a feat. I suspect there are only slightly more than that active around here. You are also right about the poll having NOTHING to do with economic status among members here. The question of 'How far do you reside (as an adult making your own choices) from where you grew up (yes, very VERY difficult for some people to define)?' is heavily directed towards the 'socio' portion of 'socio-economic'. Actually the question usually runs more toward 'how far do you live from your parents?' but I thought this would be simpler to define in a short front-page blurb. Also, you are misquoting me a bit and giving the impression I put more weight in this poll than I do. If you read again, you will note I did not say, "'THIS POLL' has deep reverberations in the socio-economic status of Z owners." I was simply referring to seemingly innocuous little questions and how much weight they can carry in determining what goes on inside a person's head.

OK, where's my sauce?

steve

Well, the engine is out:classic: , most of the hardlines are loose, and I did say that was my "Posh" answer-and of course I was pickin' at you.

We do have the gambut in the active membership, from Rocket Scientists, to Highschool students-rather diverse group educationally. I agree it is difficult to get a large base of active(vocal) members. It is also difficult to get a consensus between two pre-defined choices of hats! That is part of what makes diversity so efficient-as long as there is acceptance whithout platitude.

I did pick up on the ambiguities between what you did and didn't specifically claim to be part of the results vs the assumptions of others-Rather interesting synergy there!

I just wanted you to do what you wanted everyone else to do-think! I THINK we all did!:geek:

I am quite certian your "sauce" is in the container at the end of your arm! (Do I note a pavlovian response to the word "sauce"?)

I am not so certian of the containers' contents, Ripple or Dom!! I figure you start with the good stuff for flavor, and end with the cheep stuff for effect!

LOLROFL

I think we may need a new addition to our collection of "Smiles".

Maybe one for in the process of Mass consumption, one for pleasantly drunk, one for completely suaced, and one for tungue in cheek!

I do appreciate a good clean synaptic firing occasionally,

Will

Originally posted by hls30.com

..............I am quite certian your "sauce" is in the container at the end of your arm! (Do I note a pavlovian response to the word "sauce"?)

I am not so certian of the containers' contents, Ripple or Dom!! ......................Will

Will:

He's probably nipping on his own State Fair Silver Award winning Home Brew.

Fairlady 2001