IGNORED

Which FSM?

mrdatto

Hi All,

I have a '71 240z with an L28 and 240z Su's in it. I have ordered the FSM for the body and chassis but I am unsure which manual would be best for the engine. Am I best off getting the manual for the L28, or are the engines that close it wouldnt matter, and the 240Z manual would be better for the carbs and other associated bits??

Any opinions would be much appreciated

Thanks Again.

Originally posted by mrdatto

Hi All,

I have a '71 240z with an L28 and 240z Su's in it. I have ordered the FSM for the body and chassis but I am unsure which manual would be best for the engine. Am I best off getting the manual for the L28, or are the engines that close it wouldnt matter, and the 240Z manual would be better for the carbs and other associated bits??

Any opinions would be much appreciated

Thanks Again.

I'd have to agree! This is a good question. I have a 8/70 production Z (a series 1 car) and I'm planning on putting an F54 block, an N42 head, and 4-screw SU carbs in it with a '77 5-speed and a 3.9 R180 rearend. Which FSM would I need?

Originally posted by texasz

I'd have to agree! This is a good question. I have a 8/70 production Z (a series 1 car) and I'm planning on putting an F54 block, an N42 head, and 4-screw SU carbs in it with a '77 5-speed and a 3.9 R180 rearend. Which FSM would I need?

I'm Bothered by this.

What's the point in messing up such a perfect pristine 1970 240Z?

I ask this because your unable to get your hands on good non molested 1970s any more.

Do as you please. I would recommend a 72 or 73 parts car.

-Brandon

Originally posted by lordbiotree

I'm Bothered by this.

What's the point in messing up such a perfect pristine 1970 240Z?

I ask this because your unable to get your hands on good non molested 1970s any more.

Do as you please. I would recommend a 72 or 73 parts car.

-Brandon

I understand your concern and have thought about this also. However, the car is not unmolested to begin with so I'm not changing too much more, plus all of the changes I'm making can easily be undone. Also, the car is titled as a '71 so it's not as "collectible" as one that is titled as a '70. And it's my car so I can do what I want. :classic: Seriously though, I can easily undo the things I'm changing if I ever wanted to...I'm not doing any massive body work like huge flares or anything.