IGNORED

No Discount at Courtesy Nissan

TomoHawk

I tried to ask for the "240Z-club discount" when ordering from Courtesy Nissan, and the guy told me there's no discounts- everything is already priced for online buyers. OTC buyers pay 15% more.

So don't bother asking for a club discount.

Then I asked well how is it that the prices you are quoting me are more then whats posted at the website.

I got this from them. The site hasnt been updated in a while.

That was a year ago, and guess what, the site still isnt updated as the prices are still the same. Its bs if you ask me.

Why bother with Courtesy when we've got MidwestZ as a sponsor, can get darn near anything Courtesy can, probably has access to parts that Courtesy can't get, has lower prices to begin with and gives us a discount on top of that?:ermm:

20 years playing with Z's, and I've yet to need their services...too many better choices out there if you ask me.:pirate: :bandit:

Originally posted by TomoHawk

I think Courtesy Nissan is the only place that has the FSM CDs.

Well, these guys, Z CAR CREATIONS are the ones who supply them to Courtesy Nissan. You might want to contact them and see if they will sell direct to you. Might also tell them about Courtesy not offering a club discount. Thwy won't be able to change that, but it may induce them to sell to you.

Who told you that? I don't think that is correct. The company was originally called Ideal - Z and was a partnership between two people who (I think) resided in GA. At least one of them was/is a memmber of our Mail list. I can't remember his name off hand (maybe Dave?), as I don't pay much attention to the mail list anymore. The partnership disolved and one of them carried on with the new name.

Anyway, you got nothing to lose except 5 minutes by sending an email via the "contact us" link on their web site.

Is there no law on advertising stuff for a certain price, then telling the buyer the ad was wrong, in the US?

If their website lists a certain price, you should be able to get it for that price. Down here, i'm not sure of the laws, but most companies that advertise stuff will sell you it at the advertised price, even if it was wrong, out of goodwill, or offer a public apology for incorrectly advertising the item.

And if they dont, there are government departments you can complain to that will investigate the company.

As a parts salesman myself I'm bothered by Courtesy's response to you guys. Advertised price is advertised price. If I have a price on a part and its been viewed by a customer somewhere, like a flyer or mailer or internet site I am obligated to sell it to him at that price. Using the "hasnt been updated" line is bullsh_t. Courtesy is a big enough outfit that someone there is either lazy or just plain doesnt care that people are taking there business elsewhere. In todays economy you'd think they would do their darnedest to make the sale no matter what. I do at my shop. I dont want the customer spending his money anywhere else. Especially when I KNOW I have competition elsewhere. Its just plain stupid. Sorry to flame out guys. Having been in the automotive/heavy truck game now for 18 years kind of teaches you a thing or two about marketing and customer service.

Make the customer happy and they'll be back.

Chris