IGNORED

any z licence plate ideas?

Originally posted by hls30.com

Seriously, it was good enough for my plate, my user name, and my website. I had exactly the same thought, those that know:love: will get it, those that don't :stupid: will be clueless!

I was at the Nissan parts counter here in ol' Champaign, IL yesterday, and the parts database only went back to S130 days. I had a heck of a time with the parts guy getting him to understand what an S30 was! Nissan guys need to take Nissan history lessons...

v12horse

If your order goes like mine, the plates will get to you on the exact day the temporary expires! If only the rest of the world could get mail delieveries to the day!

mdbrandy

Order the club cd, it has the Nissan assembly \breakdowns and Partnumbers, that way you can get exactly what you want instead of what a lazy parts counter guy think you want-been there too many times with Vaden Nissan here in Savannah-too many wrong parts with "No refunds on special orders"-I Just call Chloe at MidwestZ and, other than paying the bill, you're done(She has great prices too by the way)

Will

Originally posted by hls30.com mdbrandy

Order the club cd, it has the Nissan assembly \breakdowns and Partnumbers, that way you can get exactly what you want instead of what a lazy parts counter guy think you want-been there too many times with Vaden Nissan here in Savannah-too many wrong parts with "No refunds on special orders"-I Just call Chloe at MidwestZ and, other than paying the bill, you're done(She has great prices too by the way)

Oh, I already have a fiche CD, and I walked in with part numbers. However, their computers have some superseding numbers that confused him, since their fiche only goes back to the S130.

And I actually went there to see how much more expensive they were than Chloe - answer: a lot (20% plus or minus)! That's what I figured, but you never know. I was just looking for some tuneup stuff this time. Believe me, Chloe probably knows my credit card number by heart by now!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by GunnerRob

My dad always referred to his (now mine) 280z as a Japanese Jaguar. I tried to get "JAP JAG" at the California DMV. They wouldn't issue it to me because DMV headquaters told them it might be offensive. I replied that because the XKE influence in the Z's design is a compliment to Datsun it would be just the opposite. They didn't agree so, no personalized plates. But, you're welcome to try it if you want to.

I think the DMV rejected your proposal not for the combination of the words "JAP JAG", but for the use of the word "JAP".

The word "jap" is a racial slur.

An analogy would be if you wanted a plate to read, "KRAUT CAR" or "WOPMOBILE" or "NIGGERVAN". Get it?

• 1 month later...