IGNORED

Very rare 240Z emblem

kats

Originally posted by kats

mdbrandy,the hubcaps under the table are not "D"mark version.

They are for japanese S30.Instead of a "D" there is a hexagonal silver mark on the center.These I do not need anymore,I bought these for my Z before I got correct "D" caps.

If I list them on ebay,how much people will be looking at?

I listed once on japanese yahoo auction,no one made a bid.

I was sad

Interesting. Very nice sets of "Z" hubcaps on e-bay seem to go for around $100US plus or minus, depending on how nice they are. The "D" ones go for $400-$500 if they're really nice. I don't know how much Japanese market ones might go for. I'd never even considered that they would be different! (that's another reason I love this site - the first time I owned Z's, from 1978-1989, there was no way to get an international perspective on the history!). Anyway, the shipping would probably be the killer!

Sorry to take so long getting back to this. Somebody needs to coach me through the quote insert part. I don't know how to insert a quote.

Hello Alan!

You listed some part numbers for fuel door locks. You'll get a kick out of this - it is so Datsun. My fiche lists the two thumb latches as 84360-E4601 and later E4602. I believe 01 is plastic and 02 is metal - both chromed. The two 78820-E8200 and E8201 numbers are listed as key cylinder type and optional. No dates are listed and there is no 78820-E4100 listed. So Datsun.

I'll mention this for interest. I don't know what you think of the idea, but molds can be made of the emblem / badges and reproductions cast - easily in plastic. I am casting plastic and rubber parts. It is quite likely that a chrome finish could be applied to the plastic casting.

Hey kats! Please post a picture of the hubcaps. I would like to see what they look like.

Originally posted by 26th-Z

Somebody needs to coach me through the quote insert part. I don't know how to insert a quote.

Pick the post you want to reply to and click the quote button. You can then delete the parts of the original post that you don't want. Since the quote part is just a special HTML tag you can quote anything you want if you like. For example

Never posted by 26th-Z

This is not really a quote

I believe I had seen it in a Video on the Z's (maybe the History Channels) that the Z's were shipped over as Fairlady Z's (or badgeless I can't recall I'll watch the video later) and the 240Z badges were added here in the states because they felt the Americans would like the Fairlady bit. Am I mistaken? Kat's and Alan, were they only Fairlady Z's on your sides of the pond?

Becoming more confused,

Nate

Hi Nate,

Thank you,

It is very interesting story,Alan T. said similar things some months ago I remember. I am interested in this story,could you or some one tell it more?

And you are asking do I have only fairlady-Z in japan?Sorry I do not have a dictionaly in my hand here,I want to know"side of the pond".

Hi 26th-Z,I started a new thread for fairlady-ZL hub caps,

please visit here,

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=75932#post75932

Thank you,

kats

Originally posted by MikeW

Pick the post you want to reply to and click the quote button. You can then delete the parts of the original post that you don't want. Since the quote part is just a special HTML tag you can quote anything you want if you like. For example

Thanks. Lets see how this works.

Edit: Perfect! Thanks Old dog just learned a new trick!

All this talk about the C-pillar emblems got me curious as to what I had in my drawer in the shop.

Unfortunately, all the used ones I found have (or had) the white Z, but I did find something that made me happy. The replacement emblems I got from MSA a few years ago for the 71 aren't the cheap plastic ones but the original metal ones.:classic:

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

All this talk about the C-pillar emblems got me curious as to what I had in my drawer in the shop.

The replacement emblems I got from MSA a few years ago for the 71 aren't the cheap plastic ones but the original metal ones.:classic:

So it's true...old dogs always remember where they bury their bones....hmmmmmm.:ermm: