IGNORED

trivia

Fun_in_my_z

Spy Hunter © 12/1983 Bally Midway.

- STAFF:

Designed and programmed by Bill Adams, George Gomez and Tom Leon.

Music by Henry Mancini.

- TRIVIA:

The car was based on one of the designer's own Nissan 280z. The game was to have a helicopter stage but the designers ran out of resources. They also wanted the James Bond theme to play, but settled for the Peter Gunn theme instead.

Originally posted by MikeW

Well, it's all kind of arbitary considering the <A HRef="http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/GregorianCalendar.html"> adjustments</A> that were made in 1582 by some countries and later in 1752 by others.

After looking at the page linked by MikeW, I'm inclined to say "F*ck it, Lets call the first day of the 3rd Millenia a MONDAY (which it was) and leave it at that." :stupid:

Originally posted by TomoHawk

Even though there are so many 'missing' years, the point was that you gotta get through #2000 before you can start the next 1000. As I put it, "The first year of the first millenia was #1. Add 2000 to that." It's just numerical, not actual.

Agreed! (That's 3 in a month!) LOL

Not just math and meaning, it's history too. There was a lot of conceit back then, with the Catholic Church considering itself the absolute authority on things scientific and factual. It ended up screwing guys like Gallileo over, so it can protect itself.

Not to mention things like the Pope giving all the land rights toland west of (the Atlantic ocean) to the Spanish because he didn'tthink there was anythere there worth conquering, curing sickness by "bleeding" sick people to remove the "bad blood"', burning/killing heretics, ang just general bad treatment to people who were "different."

We've come a long way, baby.

Originally posted by CoastGuardZ

Now you guys can see what I have to deal with :)

Nate

I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who finds it odd that Cubans who make it to shore are allowed to stay whereas those who don't are sent back. I'm also guessing that personal opinions within the Coast Guard may be contrary to official the policy.