IGNORED

Need a Spare Tire ASAP!

Boomguy

Last free day before I start a rally next week and I realized that my spare tire won't fit my Toyota brake setup on my 240z! Need to get out to a pick and pull ASAP to grab a compact spare or .... to fit in my wheel well, who knows what Works?  My wheels are 15" rikens with 205/50/15s. Brakes are Toyota 4 puck s12w and rears are 300z disk setup.

Any input greatly appreciated and I will keep searching the archives! 

Chris

Thanks for looking Chuck, I am just looking for a model of car that might have a compact spare that would fit. I have read that a 93 Hyundai elantra  will work but the center hole isn't big enough for our front hub. 

Chris

What year is your car?  The Z's used a full size tire up to 1977.  And you just mentioned that the hub size is your problem but the hub fit shouldn't have anything to do with the brake calipers.  Not really clear what's "not fitting".

Apologies,  I need a Spare Tire (wheel, donut, compact spare) for a 1970 240z that will clear upgraded disk brakes. I need to go to a car wrecking yard today to get something that fits because this is my last day to work on the car. I was looking for someone who has found a Spare that will address my issue. I mentioned the Elantra as I had read that it may work, maybe someone can confirm that?

Chris

Thanks Jarvo2! That's the info that will work well! Being on a 15" rim should help clear the brakes and it's probably only about 25" overall diameter so it should tuck into the spare tire well nicely!

Chris

Don't forget that the rear wheels/tires can be spares for flat up front if you put the small holed spare on the rear and rotate a good rear to replace a flat up front.  Had that some issue with a set of alloys many years ago,  Just have to jack the car twice instead of once.

Dennis