IGNORED

Is there any toe in on your rear driver's side wheel?

Homeboyx

So I've noticed for some time now that there seems to be some noticeable toe in on my S30 and am wondering if that is normal for S30's or not. It looks like that specific wheel is not centered, I have seen many S30's with this same problem. Is this a normal occurrence? Any idea what causes it?

To some extent it may be an optical illusion. The wheel well opening is close to the wheel at the front and far away at the rear giving the illusion that the wheel is pushed in.

My car has some toe in of the rear wheels, and the driver's side is worse. (At least it did when I had a "4 wheel alignment" several years ago.) I blame that on my overzealous attempt to "drive" the spindle pin out with a sledge hammer. :stupid:

My tires haven't shown any measureable wear that would indicate there is a problem, so I mostly ignore the issue.

I have had to come to grips with the fact that my Z is, and always will be either a good looking "#4" or a just over the line #3 condition car in the historic vehicle association's grading scale. So why worry about a little extra toe in on the rear wheels?

i went from 185/14's to 225/16's on the rear and have noticed in the last week that the outside

edge of one of my rear tires is wearing prematurely. I never had strange treadwear with skinny

tires. It could also be that when you put on wider tires it puts more stress on the suspension

and therefore more wear on the bushings. i used the ole how many fingers fit between the tire

and the wheel arch at the front of the tire and found i was quite far off. i ordered some new inner

control arm bushings and hope that the poly ones will not distort and wear out like the 35 y/o stock

rubber bushings i have on there now.