IGNORED

Door Window Squeegee

tlorber

I order a set. Though they do not look identical to the stock ones the price is right, I get to preserve the original SS and I will be happy to finally be rid of the brittle crumbled ones on my car that do not seal. Thanks for the write up.

I installed my squeegees a few years ago. They went on easily enough, but there is the smallest of gaps between the rubber and the glass.

Should the rubber be pressing on the glass? Maybe the piece wasn't on exactly as required, and needed a little angling-in to make the contact. It seemed the only way the parts would go on, and I tried to put it in a little, but it's firmly fixed in the attitude it went on.

I suppose if it rained hard, some water would get down into the door, and drain out if there was enough, but that doesn't seem to be the purpose of the rubber...

I don't think their purpose is truly to keep water out. There is no way they can really do that. I think they provide a flexible stop against the glass to keep it from moving around, and maybe to clean it a bit. If you look at the glass when the window is down, it is farther from the (non flexible, dried out, rigid like mine are) squeegee, creating a gap. When it goes up it rubs more tightly against the squeegee. I assume that with new rubber there is always contact against the glass-even when the window is almost fully open.

Yes they attempt to keep water out, and keep the window stable in any position. Mine do, reach the window and provide weather protection. There are no gaps at the glass.

It's a bit confusing when you put these onto the chrome strip. There is a small lip on the outboard edge that should rest on top of the chrome trim, not under it's edge. If you put it too low, it may very well not reach the window, and the clips will not be holding very well either.

Note the small rubber edge that rests on TOP of the edge of the chrome.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53038&d=1335674008

Edited by cygnusx1

I got mine in the mail today. I have installed one side and I am not really pleased. It does seal up to the glass well but in on area it does not seal to the SS trim piece. I may rethink my installation technique for the other side. It just is not quite the correct profile, sort of like a stock molding that just happened to sort of fit. It does not extend over the SS peice very much and sits low on the door glass.

Yes, if there are bends in the rubber part, it wont sit flat against the chrome. I had to take out bends in the rubber part before I started. Note that there is a metal stiffener molded into the lower part of the squeegee, for those that are reading this. I think two or three more clips would be nice to keep it from leaving gaps. Try to move the clips around a bit.

I agree, it's not ideal and I almost was going to put them back in the box and send them back, but when all was said and done, they function well, and look decent installed.