Arne

Mylar logo'd sunshades - Completed

Here's the final count:  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Here's the final count:

• [b]240-Z[/b]
    • [b]280-Z[/b]
    • [b]DATSUN[/b]

I talked to Mike the other day, and the donation will probably be used to pay for a forum software upgrade. So sounds like it will be a benefit to all.

Great to hear, thanks once again for all your time and effort. I know it wasn't easy and never is to organise a big group buy.

Gotta thank you again, for the great effort you put into this project. Attached is my final result. Hope you like it.

post-1730-14150810995436_thumb.jpg

post-1730-14150810995995_thumb.jpg

post-1730-14150810996545_thumb.jpg

I finally have my windshield tint installed. ("New" windshield was required first) I thought I would post a picture as a tribute.

Thanks for the hard work.

post-3035-14150811113363_thumb.jpg

I guess I never posted mine....

post-8596-14150811115605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arne

I finally had time to do mine, spent about 1 hour on it, most of the time was removing the old one. Had to use a razor blade and lots of water. Here is the before and none and after pictures. Looks much better, cleaner and not faded. The differences in the numbers are minute.

A big thanks to you Arne for you commitment.

post-13827-14150811258248_thumb.jpg

Great pictures, Michael. Glad you are happy with it. I've forwarded a few of these "after" pictures on to Joe, as a final wrap-up and thanks to him for being willing to do it.

So final got around to installing this and wouldn't you know I messed it up slightly, is there anyway to get rid of creases?

I was so mad at myself when this happened and the more I tried the worse I made it look. I still have a spare Datsun one to use when I eventually get a new windshield but for the life of me I could not get all the bubbles out around the letters and then of course trying to do that I ended up creasing the side. One side looks awesome the other not so much. I was thinking of trying to shrinking it with a heat gut but that might make it worse. I wonder if anyone has any ideas?

Am I the only one that used the "Datsun" mylar?

How about a head on shot? Looks great on that silver z.

Am I the only one that used the "Datsun" mylar?
18 DATSUN were ordered and delivered, but you may be the only one installed so far. I really like it on the car, makes me wish I'd kept one for myself.

Here ya go!
Yeah, that looks great! The font turned out nearly perfect - it just looks right.

Here's mine from a bit closer to head-on.

post-8596-14150813787347_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arne

Arne,

Your car looks great!

IMHO, think the "240 Z" probably looks better on a red car than the "Datsun" would. It blends-in on my silver car, but think it might be too prominent on a darker color.

Are these still available anywhere?  I have the 240Z version, which is great, but my windshield will need replaced sometime soon, so looking for a replacement.  Any ideas?

Found it. Well, actually I found two! Both are the 240Z text. One is going to the Duffman, the other is up for grabs. Make me an offer.

post-11371-0-67559800-1425222864_thumb.j

They are rolled up and stashed in a sandwich baggie in the same shipping tube that Arne sent them to me in. Little wrinkly, but no creases.

Edited by zKars

You have opened a really OLD thread. Arne is only here occasionally as he is now into Porsches. He did a very limited run of these and they are most likely no longer available. Sorry about that.

Cheers, Mike