bartsscooterservice's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

bartsscooterservice

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bartsscooterservice

  1. Engine bay refurbishment done. VID_20260813_151055.mp4
  2. I cleaned up the interior using matte finish cleaner and then the conditioner from Stipt Polish Point ( Dutch company ). Steering wheel also back.
  3. Keep going alternator back
  4. I think it turned out great. It reddish in the ☀️
  5. Steering wheel done. Letting it cure for 3 days. 5 layers maghony red+ 3 layers 2k clear . Finishing the engine bay slowly.. VID-20260808-WA0029.mp4
  6. Now with AI, I asked how it was made it came up with this 😁😂 Real wood fiber, fine wood dust, and organic filler were blended into a two-part thermosetting resin binder. This yielded a moldable slurry that retained the warmth and visual density of natural wood while offering superior dimensional stability and impact resistance. High-Pressure Compression Molding The steel rim skeleton was placed into a two-part precision steel cavity mold. The wood-fiber and resin matrix was forced into the mold under high pressure and heat. During the thermosetting reaction, the mixture hardened around the steel core, forming a seamless, solid rim with molded finger divots along the backside. Trimming and Fine Machining After curing and demolding, automated and hand operations removed parting lines (flash) along the perimeter. The rim section was precision-sanded to achieve smooth contours. Staining and Protective Coating The composite material was stained to achieve its rich reddish-brown teak/mahogany appearance. A clear, durable lacquer/polyurethane topcoat was applied to seal the wood fibers from moisture, palm oils, and UV breakdown. Spoke & Hub Assembly The central aluminum/steel spokes were brushed or painted in a satin black/dark graphite finish.
  7. I think the " plastic" added to the high pressure wood chips forming was prob a kind of glue
  8. Clean it and painted the center bichrometage spray
  9. The 2k clear in the engine bay needs 72h to fully harden out so I cleaned the garage up today 😉. I did start on the steering wheel refurbishment though. One pic is how it took it off, you can still see the original mahony red color on the back of the spokes where the fingers never touched, the lighter brown is worn. I blasted the center, 2k clear laying around so I used it.. I know it's shiny black but I like it 😉. Steering wheel wood used stripper then sanded it wet in a bucket full of water. Mahony red stain will be next then clear.. will be nice 😁
  10. Sure. Come around if you have some time. Mart has my adress. Sent me a message beforehand im not always around.
  11. More refurbishing on going VID_20260804_205619.mp4
  12. More pics. Cleaned the wheels and tyres Also
  13. Not sitting still here .. doing large maintenance. Underside + wheel wels new tectyl, hollow areas wax, paint things left and right. New aluminium original brake drums back ( i had cast iron replica on it ) i found good ones. Engine new Paint 2 coats por15 + engine parts+ air filter new paint engine bay new paint + 2k clear etc. I want to be done for the coming years.
  14. I get the new better vintage mag wheels to. But they need to be stripped of poedercoating first, then checked and polished or maybe ill Chrome them
  15. Heater panel after Repair VID-20260630-WA0098.mp4
  16. More pictures. VID-20260702-WA0017.mp4
  17. Oke guys time for an update. Long gone, but I read the Forum in between. The 240Z is offcourse still with me. I drive it every summer period. Last 5 years been big changes in my life, I became uncle Bart 😉 and been busy with friends other projects ( 67 chevelle restoration) , my own company gets more and more busy... You know what they say life gets in the way... Anyhow my classics will not go! I keep making time for them. I love it, its my second hobby besides the bikes. I also have 4 classic 50cc bikes now and 2 90s scooters from my youth added to the collection all restored. The 70 Mustang I also still have. Last 2 years ive been wrestling with 2 paint shops ( one was bad ) getting new paint on it and new back window seal. Next Tuesday its going back for a third attempt on the leaking seal 😂💀. I told them how to do it with the proper 3M sealant but stubborn. Anyhow that will get solved. Paint job is beautiful now. Meanwhile the 240Z is having major interior service, things needed to be done: choke lever Repair and lube, Audio wires re route ( was wrong, repaired center console and heater cables ( didnt function properly anymore) , new electric radio antenna, rebuild starter motor, new battery cables+ -, and some more interior work little details, and large maintenance on the underside etc this year. Next year replace fuel tank ( i got a new one from S30 world) . Also still planning to do the original 5 speed conversion i have and the complete stainless exhaust. But that is for coming years. So a little update from my side guys 😅. Turning 40 next year. I was 25 when i bought the 240Z.
  18. Uhm... " no " 🙄. It should have a little resistance going up but not super heavy
  19. There is no thing as a series 1,2,3.... when can we stop that ? This is a 1970 240z no more.
  20. simple because a 2+2 kills the sleek look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)
  21. yep there is a shift going on in the classic car market. it's moving more towards 80/90s as the new collector market. I've get 2 early 70's cars to. These are getting closer to 60 years old think about that ! Eventually it will be the same like what happened to 50's cars or earlier. They will be getting more rare and rare on the streets, and more expensive and into museum for collectors. Supply and demand. I think rare cars will still retain high prices though
  22. Just like the "" boss 9 ""replica from Revology lol. Not my kind of thing. The scoop isn't even functional and they want 400k for it. I have a boss 9 replica to a 70, and it has a functional scoop ( same dimensions as the original ) with the cable going inside the interior same like the original. And it makes more hp than the revology car.. Can I ask 400k now ? I don't even like the modern stuff on the Revology car, like to keep it period correct. But good luck, there is always a sucker to be find willing to dump 400k
  23. Well these days, you could also take it to a driveshaft shop, have it correctly extended and make look like stock, if you can't find the original anymore. I have two of those original 5 speed shafts laying around here. Do you have total length measurements from the short and long one ? I might check what I have laying around. I also didn't know there where 2 different ones for the A type 5 speed.
  24. From Sep 1971 it was extended 35mm to cope with the new rear differential location. It's funny how many people do not know this Cats.. Same goes for the A and B transmission, and different shifter location

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.