Britt Boyette's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Britt Boyette

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Britt Boyette

  1. Britt Boyette replied to hmsports's topic in Racing
    Have you had any clearence problems with the top shoulder supports or "wings" on the seat? Mine interfears (hits) the door when I close it. I had to bend it a bit to clear.
  2. I have never heard of anyone saying they had too much in the way of braking. If you use them hard, the stock set up will fade and that's when it will hit you that an upgrade might be a good idea. If you decide to get an upgrade, Ross is the best. He will be around for you after the sale too.
  3. I know there is already a classic Z car register at Zhome but, they don't cover all of the cars. I'm surprised they don't at least have a section for 260Zs'.
  4. Oh man, now everybodies gonna want a Z car.
  5. I saw on Ebay, a single Holley on an aftermarket mainfold to fit the L24, L26, and L28. Are these things any good? Something like that would sure be easier to tune.
  6. I will be buying some of the POR system supplies for doing my cowl area and under the battery tray. I haven't found a local supplier in my area yet so I might have to mail order it. Does anyone know of a place in the Portland, OR area that carries it?
  7. I saw the same problem with my tarboards. They were a pain in the butt to remove but I found water underneth on the drivers side. My 74 260Z came with a chromate primer that really saved a lot of metal from cancer. You will have to remove all of the tarboard before you try to to anything with the metal. I have been using a wire cup brush on a 4" angle grinder to remove the rust spots and everytime I hit a little chunk of that stuff that I missed, it just smears it into a black goo. Cleans up with actone, but it packs up on the brush.
  8. Has anyone ever seen a Z that looks like the body was dipped in Zinc Chromate by the factory? I have a 74 260Z that appears to have had this done. I was looking at a 73 240Z that was being stripped down for restoration and there was bare metal under the tar boards. On mine, Zinc Chromate under the tarboards, paint, seam sealer, you name it. And it's done a great job too as my Z has very little corrosion. The battery tray looks like you would expect though, deep pitting and all.
  9. Wecome aboard! You know, now that people know you and the fact that you have a ton of knowledge and parts, you will probally become the go to man on the West Coast. Bummer huh?
  10. I looked at it again and the only things on it I can find are E-30 and JAPAN. There doesn't appear to be any other markings. The cam looks to be in excellent conditon and I checked the lobes with a caliper, they are perfect.
  11. It's installed in an E-88 head so I don't think it a BMW. Thanks for the specs. I will search further for more info on the cam itself.
  12. I have a cam that I'm trying to ID. It has the casting "E-30" on it. Any ideas?
  13. My early 260Z had it. It is to bypass the safety interlock for your seatbelt/transmission in neutual or it won't start system that some of the cars had then. The system was crap and they quit installing them. Someone had to push and hold the button while a second person started the car if the safety went to crap. Mine went the way of the trash can a couple of months ago.
  14. I could probally reach up there with a magnet and see if it sticks to the side cover. That would tell me if it's a R-180 or R-200.
  15. You say that the R-200 started in 74 with the 260Z. Are you sure it was all 260Z's. ? I have heard they came out later than 74 but I really don't know. I have a 74 260Z and I haven't been able to tell yet what it is. How could I check while it's still in the car? I will be pulling it out for overhaul in a month or two but I would like to start lining up new parts some time soon.
  16. I hear they are closing their doors at All Z'z East. Have you heard anything else on the subject?
  17. Britt Boyette replied to spudz's topic in Racing
    I checked out your web page and really enjoyed reading it. I also learned a few things too. As I am at the start of this project, I am in the collecting the parts stage plus striping, cleaning and repairing of the shell. I have a long ways to go with my 260z but it's what I've really wanted to do for a long time. Let me know if you ever have any yard sales of your old parts. Spudz, I will send you out an email. Thanks! Britt
  18. How much are you hoping to get for them? Britt
  19. Britt Boyette replied to spudz's topic in Racing
    I would love to see more pictures of your car as I am building one for FP. As you saw for earlier postings, there was a question about track width. after reading the other replies, I'm really hoping they are right and I'm wrong on my understanding of track width being 64". Can you clear this up? Britt
  20. Are you sure they are not from an Opal GT? I do like the look of them but they look a little small to be 308GTB lights. Britt
  21. I seem to recall the mixed reviews the original Z had when people first saw it. The term I recall was Corvette want-to-be. I'm glad people didn't listen to that kind of talk and made the car an instant classic. I think this car will, in time, prove it is indeed, a Z. I didn't care much for the looks of it either when I first saw it but now after seeing them close up, I would take one over any Mustang or Honda, BMW, etc.. I like them and if I could afford one, would buy it. Of course it would have to be a track model! Britt
  22. Britt Boyette replied to Zlishous's topic in Racing
    PIR is Portland International Raceway up here in Ory-gun. You might be able to find something closer to home by checking at; www.scca.org and clicking under the Solo-2 section. It should have other links that will tell you where they meet and run in your region. Don't by shy about emailing or calling the contact people in your area with any question you may have. It's worth the trouble and it's a lot of fun. Britt
  23. Britt Boyette replied to Zlishous's topic in Racing
    The Autocross season at PIR isn't that far away. You should come out and give it a run. My Z car won't be ready in time but that won't stop me from running my 2002 Dodge Startus. It's a total blast and it's very addicting. Britt
  24. I just knew that as soon as I saw the word "nipples", it was only a matter of time before the subject swayed off topic a little. But the fuel cell info is exactly what I needed. Since mine will be for Auto-X only, I will probally use a 8 to 10 gallon cell. Thanks, Britt
  25. Britt Boyette replied to spudz's topic in Racing
    He could have trouble meeting EP or FP spec's in Solo 2 on his car. I can't tell for sure but the rear track looks like it might exceed the max rear track width rules with those big meats on the back. I beleive the max track width is 57inches in EP and 64 inches in FP. He might have to run it in the Mod class. What is the Doc's opinion on this? Britt

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.