MDyer's Content - Page 7 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

MDyer

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MDyer

  1. very firm. All Z's are coil over
  2. I guess if President Clinton gets credit for this, he should also get credit for the economy?:sick:
  3. I also remember something that President Clinton did. In 1994, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS Rwandans died in a bloody and brutal Civil War. If memory serves me, President Clinton did NOTHING. :tapemouth And then there's Mogadishu...
  4. what the hell are you talking about? I suppose while Gore was inventing the Internet, Clinton was developing satellite surveillance technology, training in-country special ops personnel, and fine-tuning GPS targeting systems. The technological advances were made in the private sector. Special ops training was in place long before President George Bush the 1st. President Clinton deserves SOME credit on SOME issues... but this, my friend, is NOT one of them. Furthermore, when speaking of ideologies, politics, etc., ("Even those of you that are blinded by ideology or partisanship must admit that the military might of the U.S. was developed prior to Dubya.") your ideological leaning is obvious. You refer to President Clinton as "President Clinton", while you refer to today's administration as "el Presidente, Rummy and Wolfy"???! - Do I like President Clinton? Not at all. - Do I respect his position/office? You see what I call him, don't you? I see you're from Washington... based upon your discredit to our Commander-in-Chief, I can only assume that you voted for that clown Governor you have(?). He was classic in his pre-war speech on the Democratic Party position. Only Mr. Daschle could have done better!
  5. MDyer replied to Brett240's topic in Open Chit Chat
    That car belongs to Jan _______(?), in Sweden (I think). Go to the home page of THIS site, scroll down to Gallery Section, and click on "50 Most Popular".... guess what's number 1? Obviously, you're not alone in your admiration of the car. I've read somewhere, at some time, that the front spoiler was made by hand, by this Jan guy. Therefore, unless he'll make one for you (or you know somebody who can copy it), you're out of luck. I agree with you. As far as air-dams go, this is the tits.
  6. MDyer replied to 1 Bravo 6's topic in Open Chit Chat
    however, is it 2 out of 3 French wanted Iraq to win? At the risk of sounding prejudice and making a blanket statement, I'm going to anyway. 2 out of 3 French are f**king idiots (or whatever the percentage that support Iraq). The French people generally dislike Americans for no good reason. I'm not going to rant about it, but screw 'em. I DO think the French gov't, as well as the Germans, have some real dirt on there hands that we don't know about yet. Missiles/defense technology for sweetheart contracts and sweetheart oil deals.
  7. The REAL Inspectors have arrived.
  8. MDyer commented on 240paul's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  9. MDyer replied to MDyer's topic in Open Chit Chat
    Enrique, I never took offense to your initial response; didn't take offense to the "taking too serious" post either. I realize that this type of "conversation" (ie. posting on boards), ALMOST NEVER reads the same way that it was typed/intended. Never took offense to 2ManyZ's. In fact, (as stated before) I'm in the machine tool business, and was certain that left-hand drills existed. At Lowe's, the "expert" was a former machinist, and he took great delight in my question. It was then that I started to wonder if I'd been set up. (started thinking "maybe I was thinking left hand thread/tap") Self-doubt then took over. I thought it was funny that I'd been "set up"; never P.O.'d. No blood / no foul. BTW, I'm still f**king around with the damn bolt.
  10. MDyer commented on Z-point's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  11. MDyer commented on Bill.Oakes's gallery image in Unique Zcars
  12. MDyer replied to MDyer's topic in Open Chit Chat
    that wasn't suppose to read as a smart-a$$ reply. Just trying to logic...
  13. MDyer replied to MDyer's topic in Open Chit Chat
    with a left-hand tap, it wouldn't matter what type of drill... would it?
  14. I can't believe that pic was posted by someone wanting to SELL the car. Though, as they say in the car business, there's an arse for every seat. On the subject of taste, some of my friends think the Z looks like a car that some "engineer geek" would drive. Some female friends think Z's look like an Austin Powers 70's disco machine... where's your leisure suit? But what the hell... Z's?, I love 'em. Lowriders?, not MY bag.
  15. At least in the Far East. I work for a Japanese company, and travel to Japan semi-frequently. It's amazing how the Far East embraces electronic technology.
  16. MDyer replied to MDyer's topic in Open Chit Chat
    2 Many Z's private messaged me to try a "left-handed" drill bit first, since it might "catch" the sheared bolt and back it out. "Try this before buying the EZ Out". I now know why he PM'd me. If he posted it on the board, somebody would blow the whistle. Damn, I'm in the machine tool business, and I still fell for it. Made sense to me that there would be drills with CCW flutes. Oh well, the guy at Lowe's got a charge out of it.:stupid:
  17. MDyer replied to MDyer's topic in Open Chit Chat
    Trying to use the EZ Out, but don't think it's going to work. Was impossible to drill on centerline, because the sheared bolt was ragged; my drill bit wanted to walk on me. Tried to go with the smallest drill I had to pilot, but no use. Thought I'd try the EZ Out anyway. First one snapped, as predicted by many here. Drilled larger hole, but now am afraid to apply any torque to it. If I drill any larger (and off-center) I'll destroy the threads on the bracket. I could drill over size then hand tap the bracket, but I'm sure that the front and rear mounting holes on the alternator MUST be on same centerline. Thank God for parts car, I'll get my bracket from it. Delays and diversions.... I'm getting used to it:stupid:
  18. MDyer replied to MDyer's topic in Open Chit Chat
    Victor, I think so... but even they are difficult to get to. I just finished removing the radiator and fan, and now have clear access to what remains of the damn bolt. I've got an hour invested in doing it this way, so I'm forging ahead. Now I'm off to the hardware store to get the tool I need. Thanks for the input. If I can't get it this way.:dead: , I'm going to follow your lead.
  19. MDyer posted a topic in Open Chit Chat
    Literally just a few days away from getting my car to the weld/paint shop. :classic: Have to replace the alternator/VR and possibly battery, so I can drive it. Obviously, needs it anyway. So I bought the alternator yesterday. Novice mechanic that I am, I was very pleased with my progress that I was making in removing the old alternator (loosened tensioning bolt, removed belt, disconnected all electric, removed lower bolt on backside). Wiggled, jiggled and tugged, then realized that there is a lower front bolt.... what a pain in the arse to get to (with fan/radiator in place). Finally coaxed my fat fingers into getting a socket on the bugger. Barely enough "stroke" room to get the ratchet to "click" once per motion. Then.... the bolt snapped.:tapemouth Now in the process of removing radiator and fan to get to the damn thing. What's the best method to remove the remnants of the snapped bolt? Obviously, I want it to be thread-friendly.
  20. 2 many posted Super Bee pix?? Tied with Z's for my favorite car. Had 68 with 440, and 69 with 383.
  21. Requires drilling 6 holes per fender (my understanding)
  22. Motorsports: zcarparts.com Classic Datsun Motorsport: classicdatsun.com
  23. Available in the US, through Motorsports and Classic Datsun Motorsport.
  24. Stock! What color interior? (maybe I missed something)
  25. POR and similar products actually penetrate the rust (iron) and permanently change the molecular structure, preventing further rusting. If you use it in areas that are painted, IMMEDIATELY wipe the excess off with warm soapy water. It discolors everything within minutes. Pretty strong stuff... put a couple of drops on concrete and let it sit. It will turn the surface into a sticky, milk-shake consistency. Keep it off of your hands:finger:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.