IGNORED

What I did on the weekend

drunkenmaster

The past two days I've been sorting out a bunch of electrical gremlins, namely due to most of the wiring in this car having been seriously molested by the previous owner/dong head.

So....things that now work, that didn't before:

•Stop lights

•Map light (rebuilt with a good micro switch, still works as per normal though)

•Glove box light (needs a new bulb though)

•Stereo

•Stereo now has an antenna

•The Romantic Toe Light™ (see pic)

•Horn button in center of steering wheel is hooked up (I have no switch on the end of the indicator stalk as the "bell ends" at the panel shop broke it)

Also I've

•Replaced all fuses

•Clean up a sh*te load of dodgy wiring....still plenty to go however

•Fixed the parkers/dash light switch. Well almost, just waiting for the epoxy "tit" to cure, then will assemble it all tomorrow. See HERE for details.

Here's a pic of the Romantic Toe Lightâ„¢. Does anyone else have this in their zed?

romantictoelight.jpg

....and no it isn't actually that bright! That's an 8sec exposure. :)

mmmmmmmmmm.....feeeeeet... :love: :love:

Hee hee! Hey I never put the thing there! Yet another "quirk" of owning my zed. Mind you, I really don't see that thing getting much use unless I aquire another minister for war and finance that has a foot fetish of her own. :)

I didn't add it myself. It was one of the previous owners. Why i don't know. It has a little switch on the body of the thing to turn it on and off which is sort of cumbersome as you have to reach up behind the glove box. Turning it off it's rather easy to burn yourself on the bulb, which made me think that it certainly aint factory.

Anyhow, it was working back when I bought the car, however it seems to have been unhooked when it was at the body shop....buggers me why. Then again nothing supprises me with their level of incompetence. :mad:

There's other wierd things in my car. Eg the hi/low beam switch has now been replaced with one just above the foot rest. You actuate it with your left big toe. Apparently a lot of the old holdens had a setup like that.

Under the center console there are two looms that come out into 5 plugs. Not a single one of them is plugged into anything! There's one wire taped off one of them for the acc 12V for the stereo, but that's it!

I've worked out the plugs are for the rear demister, radio, hazard lights, something to do with the aerial and choke warning switch. I think.

A few questions:

- Where is the aerial supposed to be on a aussie 260 2 seater? I don't have one, other than an after market one that is a little black box that sits at the top center of the windscreen.

- Can some either show me a detailed pic, or describe for me the warning lights and switch layout on the center console.

Check the attached pic for what I have there. The demister switch and wiring is all there, just not plugged in. None of the other switches are connected to anything. What am i missing?

post-3769-14150793467574_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

drunkenmaster ........ looks like you won't have too many free weekends this year.... :classic: hope it all goes well.

...... any reason you getting your motor build in NZ ........ ?

..... and why not go for a GT series Garret turbo instead of the T3/TO4 as I found the GT series much more responsive.

BTW ...... Cuong Nguyen..... how long before your car is finished ??? l