IGNORED

Parts Swapping 240K Sedan to Coupe

Razor

I think you cant fit a dual filament bulb on to a single ones as they have different socket the single one levelled groove and the dual one has one higher than the other.

From the Watanabe site;

Suitable Cominbation;

Front :R14-80 Offset -6

Rear :R14-85 Offset -13

Maximum Conformity;

Front :R15-80 Offset ±0

Rear :R15-85 Offset -6

and

Front :R16-80 Offset ±0

Rear :R16-85 Offset -6

Michael wrote that from my post

how wide tyres can you fit with the flares?

I have a backspace of 4.25 inches and using 7 inches wide rims If i replace the wheels with 8" wide with 2.25" backspace then there will be 1" of the rims coming out ex tyres

Is it difficult cutting the metal part at the rear of arch to fit the flares and wider wheels? A normal smash repairer can do this sort of thing right

Originally posted by JMT240KGTR

Cutting the rear arches isn't too difficult, it's the next step of welding/riveting the metal into place which can be.

Welding/riveting the metal into place? What metal?

About the globes - no, the sockets are for dual filament bulbs too, there are three wires back and Razor is right about bulb fitting!

I asked a Japanese C110 and a C210 owner and the operation seems to be correct. The C210 owner (Ackn) showed me a webpage with pictures for each stage of the lights operation! It was great, and could possibly answer the question of the dual-filament bulb on the outside.

When the parkers on a C210 are on, only the outside lights glow. Only when the headlights are turned on do the inner ones go on also. So....... perhaps one filament is for each stage??? I don't know too much about electrics, so I dont know if this makes sense or not.

The C110 owner (Akihito) didn't distinguish between parkers and headlights...