IGNORED

Parts Swapping 240K Sedan to Coupe

Razor

Anyone know if some of the parts from the sedan version will straight fit a coupe version?

like transmission would like to get 5 speed tranny and other parts needed for the conversion.

is the headlight surround, headlights & grill the same?

I tried the chrome mouldings and they are different

Yes, part numbers for grill and front bumpers are the same for Sedan and Coupe

62304-R4601 (RH Grill Piece)

62305-R4601 (LH Grill Piece)

62651-R3000 (Front Bumper)

62651-R3050 (Front Bumper on European Models - Applied from 02/74)

The lamp assembly is universal.

Oh, and yes the 5speed should be fine, 5speeds were an Option on both the GT Sedan and Hardtop.

This may be a little late (didn't check the post date) but there are a few more different mouldings/items that won't fit.

Front and rear screen chrome surrounds- can't swap.

Rear light panel- can't swap

Rear boot lid- can't swap

Rear boot, light chrome surrounds-can't swap

Door and rear window chrome trim- can't swap

All glass- can't swap

Rear seat- can't swap

Apart from that everything else is it's a straight bolt in; wheelbase length on K's are the same, so tailshaft lengths, g'boxes, etc etc is identical.

James

G'day mate,

The 240K C110 club is growing!

If I were you I'd forget about trying too hard on getting your hands on fender mirrors; not in Australia anway!

As for a K club, I suggested it a while back but I'm not able to maintain anything with it, merely an idea!

What parts do you need?

James

well right now just looking for mouldings, you know the pocket in between the fron seats? I need the cover.

Sometime soon will be needing Z's carby, 5 speed tranny parts needed for the conversion

Wiper motor as my windsheild wiper moves sooooo slow!!! I think I can get that from a 240K sedan I saw last week.

well you just told me to forget the fender mirrors

I'd be getting a Z32 front seats $700 black leather is that a good buy?

Flares? i heard someone makes them alfa fiberglass? would like to get front lip/spoiler

its going to be a big project car

then paint it and do the interior

I'm on the case for the flares, guy in Melb has original Nissan flare moulds so I'll try to get in touch with again soon. Or you could try another member here, Alfadog(Lachlan) who's just informed me he got his flares from Japan.

We also have Kyteler (Michael) who owns a K as well.

The K list is growing all the time, but the cars are becoming harder

to find!!!:cry:

Yeah if/when I get another set of flares that's all I'll be fitting.

Considering for the time being my car will be a daily driver I think the rear and front spoilers would over do it; weekend car, no worries I would fit it all on!

The cars look pretty good just with flares as well, mine was lowered all round and looked good.

Costs to lower the car = $0.00

Cut an inch off the front springs, wouldn't do it more than that on stock struts.

Rear, likewise, be prepared put up with some negative camber. Be sure not to cut too much off at a time.

There are obviously better ways to lower a car, ie lowered springs, shorter struts etc but I found the car handled pretty good so didn't bother.

I already had heavy duty springs all round, so they're stiffer than stock and provide better handling.

James