IGNORED

Injection system

Bruce Woolmore

It's understood that it's from Nick's gallery but where did the components come from? Or did he wittle them out of some aircraft aluminum? LOL Sorry, tend to get a little slappy when I get off work at 8 a.m. And I must implore everyone's patience with the information I may ask about.... I bought my first Z on the 7th. And so far I'm lovin the sh*t out of it. I'll get some pics up as soon as I get my digi-cam back from repairs.

I requested a quotation from EFI and received one - however it is considerably more than the 1K mentioned in this post. FYI the "kit" is quite extensive and includes:

manifold

throttle bodies

fuel rails

injectors

ram tubes

balance joiners

throttle stop and return kit

drop links - ball socket type

rod posts

acceloratior rod

scavenge filter

EFI filter

EFI Pump

Lift pump

Surge Tank

fuel board and fittings

fuel injection hose

fuel hose

hose clamps

fuel pressure regulator

and.....

a throttle position swith

definately high quality materials and likely "bolt on":love: ...however no engine managment.....

and the total price in Australian $ is 4180.50 or $3,241 USD - a far leap from $1000:ermm: . Then I would add shipping, import duties etc... Therfor you understand why I am curious as to what system is available for 1K.

I hope this will answer a few questions.

These are available from D.C & O Injection here in Australia.

These particular type of T/B's are a little different from the ones available from EFI Hardware in that the housings are only 1" wide (without ram tubes) & they have no injector ports. The EFI hardware type are also available from D.C & O.

In order to get this set up to work I had to make my own intake manifold by doing a cut & shut on a standard L6 EFI & a tripple webber manifold. In doing this it utilises the original injector ports & it also gives more room between the LH strut tower & the intake set up.

The price for these was around $900AUS + $? for the accelerator stoppers & joiners.

Well - (just a deep hole with water in it.....)

I'll just put out a call for $ across the forum. ROFL

Just to clarify - I do believe this EFI system is very good and very complete. I have compared to others - including TWM and find this kit slightly higher in cost but I'm sure you wouldn't be running around the garage looking for the $.25 hose clamp.

I haven't held either unit in my hands but based on the pictures and the prompt response I suspect EFI's equipment is top quality. I suspect this mod will be sometime down the road and I'll have to live with the triple de'llortos for some time. Making my car handle so that other don't comment on how nice the underside is in the corners is top priority:devious: !

Q

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, very intersting. I'm planning on going EFI through individual TBs too. Naturally my choice is a bit more limited here in the UK so I'll probably end up using Jenvey bodies on a Weber manifold. I have to say the TWM 2000 system is very tempting though having direct to head TBs. Currently priced at $3000 for the kit which seems pretty reasonable. Do you think that'll change when it's released? Or has it already been released and their website isn't upto date?

Cheers,

Rob