IGNORED

Not original but looks like original for 240Z press photo

kats

Yes,they are same 240Z.

Mr.OSAWA showed me that picture,I saw it is a color picture.

In the magazine,it is black and white.

He let me took a look so many pictures of road test in the U.S.

I will post some from my 8mm scanning.

kats

Kats,

Great stuff. Keep it coming.

This is 'proper' Z history. I'm still waiting to see the DEFINITIVE book on the early Z, and I hope Matsuo san will one day be able to find the time and the energy to put down in print the FULL story from the his point of view ( and that of his team ).

I'm getting more and more encouraged that Matsuo san has kept enough documentation and evidence about the design, prototyping, and the early production of these cars to make a fascinating book. It would have to be the 'final word' on the subject - if that is even possible.

Kats - you have been posting some great pics. Here's one for you by way of a 'thank you'. I know you have other pics of this car and this event - but maybe not one from this angle? Maybe you have............ Anyway, if you HAVE already got it, then I'm sure that others will be interested.

I have always thought it was good fun to see the car emblemed up as a 'Datsun 240Z' as well as a "Fairlady Z Export Model" on the same car. Event is the 16th Tokyo Motor Show of 1969.

All the best,

Alan T.

post-2116-14150793023805_thumb.jpg

Alan,

What a great picture it is!!Thank you so much,I knew this shot in japanese photographic magazine but it was mono-color.

This is a beautiful color photo,this is what I have been looking for long time.Alan you know,my 240Z is not original blue I want to paint it as original #903 in the future.

I think due to age or something,it is seen little bit different from actual body color,this is a picture anyway.

I think this shot was taken by Mr.IGARASHI,I was going to ask him to show original print,I thought he must have it as a color print.

But Mr.MATSUO told me unfortunately he died 2 or 3 years ago.He was a very very keen about car not only japanese but also for europian and american car.

His book is really fan to look at.

I want to see more pics if you have,Alan.

P.S I would like to say agian these photos I posted are from Mr.OSAWA's 8mm video movie,I took shots from my home TV.

But Mr.OSAWA also took so many pictures at a same time during on road test.

Thank you,

kats

post-3193-14150793024847_thumb.jpg

Great stuff from the video, Kats, and I absolutely LOVE :love: that Blue car Alan. I had a '71 240Z in my younger days that was yellow, but being young and reckless, I painted it a blue that was very similar to that car.

Kats, if there is ANY way to capture that video to any sort of a computer video file, we'd love to be able to see it....

Thankyou to both Alan and Kats for their great pictures. I have two requests:

1. Could either of you translate the writing in Alan's photo

2. What is the yellow car?

Thanks (and keep up the good work!)

Hayden.