IGNORED

What to do...

zep

hmm, even if you did have a place to build it, are you keen on building up a car or owning a 240? You might find it frustrating 2 years on, having spent twice what you expected (and have a girlfriend who has begining to hat.. no dislike the car)

keep looking though, every so often a good one comes through at the right price that's all in one piece.

are you keen on building up a car or owning a 240?

Hell yes!! I'd love to build one up, and owning one has been my dream since I started to like cars at about 12. It gets sooo frustrating tho, It's hard for an 18 year old student to afford a desent 240 over here, soo annoying :cry:

Zep

How much does it cost to ship a car over to NZ from Australia?

I know a guy here in perth with 2 240z for sale.

One for $4500 an automatic, licenced and running.

and another one licenced in queensland (but the cars now in perth), Running, manual, metallic blue, $3500. Both in good condition both in one piece.

zep,

when you had a good look at the Zed in pieces did you happen to see the ident tags. I am putting together a register of RHD zeds, and would be interested to know some of the data plate info Body number and Engine number from the data plate , original colour and interior colour. If you do take another look could you let us know, that is if the owner does not object. do you know what year the parts Zed is. was this Zed imported from the big island does it have a compliance date.

cheers

Steve

:classic:

Ok my NZ friend...

firstly

the Blue one was mine...

that photo is one i took a year ago

I've chatted briefly wiht ian since he started restoring it...

email me at walkingpi@hotmail.com, i have about 20 photos of it and can tell you what it was like.

SJcurtis... if i can find my old roadworthy papers i'll be able to give you at least some of the numbers...

one day i'll get the time to also look at the rusty car you asked details for a while ago

and if you want my 8/74 2 seater260 i can get them shortly too

I could prolly afford this guys other Z for the same price as importing, its not cheep.

Sorry didnt notice any numbers on the car, didn't relly think to.

Ah well, back to dreamin' :D