IGNORED

Whats up with my 240

W.A.ZED

OK If you have found the advance weights to be free then you should start looking some place else, I assume you have checked obvious things like the choke butterflys are not jammed up and that the pistons in the SUs are both free and feel equal, I doubt if it is the fuel pump but nevertheless pull the pipe off the carb and aim it into a container and crank the motor, With problems like this it is very dificult to diagnose a fault If you do not have hands on, A Z car is not rocket science so a good local garage should be able to help you, It may be a Idea to change the condenser but there again if the car was running good 4 months ago then I doubt if this is the problem, My money is still on the dist. and If i remember the cam is removed by way of a screw located beneath the rotor arm. I am In England for the next 3 weeks so let me know what the problem turns out to be!

Hi WA Zed

Got the pin out of the shaft which allowed me to take the whole thing apart but the counterweights don't want to seem to move off the shaft.

Removed the screw under the Rotor but same story.

However, I have greased it all up and now it revs to 5000 before failing. Might have to have another go. Maybe to much grease stopping it from advancing all the way.