IGNORED

Check THIS out! S20 engine in So.Carolina...

EricB

I tried contacting the Clarke County Police Department via e-mail with no luck. I'm not inclined, but there is a crime stopper reward program of $1000 for information. I tend to agree with you guys who have hard feelings about someone breaking into your shops. I have had plenty of things stolen. This web site lists a phone number and such

http://www.accpd.org/contact/contact.html

Like I said earlier, a little private detective work might reap some good rewards.

That's pretty low, I would probably just have waited until I could contact whoever had authority over the property now and made an offer on the 'piles of rusting junk' in their barn.

Sure they might say no, but that's life. It's just an engine, despite the historical appeal and all around coolness, I don't think I could sleep at night after quite possibly robbing someone else.

He went about this the wrong way. It is more than likely that the gear has been sitting there for 10 years and he could have made the present owner a minor cash offer and get to take everything at his leisure.

In fact it is probably not too late to try and contact the owner, I would advise the kid to do that rather than set the cops on him straight away.