IGNORED

Early car for sale in Queensland

halz

Hi Datfreak

Glad you liked the oil painting analogy:classic:

Don't really know what you were trying to say regards the Porsche but please don't tell me you would rip the heart out of a classic porsche as well:stupid:

You have my assurance that as soon as my car is restored I will be blasting it up the freeway every day, I do not believe that cars should be locked away, they should be driven as they were intended.

Regards

Lee

LEE,

that is definately the best approach.I just love blasting away on the freeway, and a good Zed is always humming with anticipation for that break when you snap into the gap and stamp on the gas, the needle speeding back into the big red numbers and your gone.

Zed on freeway= perfect.

Daily driving a Zed these days is a hazardous regime in most places, if you are in the situation where you can do a safe daily driver with your Zed, I am envious.

cheers Steve :classic:

I find it hard to believe that the Z purists dont appreciate the modified zeds to me we should all be part of the same family and look at the quality of any zed and appreciate it i mean at the end of the day we all love zeds why put up barriers and create different groups there are not enough of us to be divided together we can stand tall but while people keep creating haves and have nots we are a weaker group for it

I mean the last z nationals i went to and won best 240 modified (93 sydney) after the award you hear the mutterings that my car was nothing but a street machine and then when i got the divisions for melbourne z nationals i see that cars like mine where exculded to a street machine group which is fine by me but we really need to appreciate the workmanship of each car too and really how is my car not a 240z just because im running a V8 and not the 6 cylinder motor everything else is the same

Even a car like mine could very easily return to orginal trim while it could never be returned to concourse the only mods stopping it are the smoothed rear bumpers and the fact the body has been

fully seam welded also smooth to the engine bay seams otherwise it has no unorginal holes which to me is the beauty of the zed

Yeah and for the porsche i would luv a 928 with a late model ls1 chev in it good cheap hp in a classic car what a trip but to me my zed is better than that now

as you said it is a sore point with me that a small group as such as the zed movement can still create divisions in itself

Mick

Originally posted by zed240au

Must say the modified 240z rally cars are starting to ask some big money saw one recently for $30,000 another for $15,000 and theres even one on rally .com.au at the moment for $14,000

http://www.rally.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=forsale.advert&ad=2041&cfid=14478461&cftoken=6621265

Mick

I've kept silient is this thread up to now, interesting to hear [read] the arguments for and against, however all facts point to increasing values, purely, as I believe the zed is grossly undervalued

Mick [i know youré not questioning the price], that $15k car is an excellent buy for anyone who wants a ready to run rally car and has an impressive VRC competition history.

For anyone to knock the price is madness as to re-create it would burn a hole in your pocket of at least twice the asking price!

I'm hoping that it still may be around next year when I'm more financial and it can join the stable.

People, we need to talk up the price, not down!

i dont question the price at all i was just saying look at the values i mean i know my rx4 rally car was a $1800 piece of fun now that its eaten over $10,000 its still a lot of fun but what would some one pay for it I know i would have luved to rally a zed but i new the cost of panels so i decided the Rx4 was a much cheaper way to go i mean you can get a whole car for $50 bucks panels for $50 so its a much cheaper car to have fun in and push to its limit(also know id be pretty shitty if i killed a zed already on the third rx4 shell 2 navigators drive days where not good new rule no navigators drive)

As for the 240 rally cars there was a comment that the $30,00 car had ahd over $60,000 spent on it say at that rate it was good value for some one my own zed would owe me inexcess of $30,000 and thats with out labour but what would someone pay

Mick

Originally posted by drunkenmaster

Is this the right thread to ask where I can buy blue LED window washer jets to fit a Z? ROFL

Nissan engineers specially designed the Z car so that young hooligans like yourself with your boom boom music and bright blue neons wouldn't be attracted to the car! The window washer jets are carefully hidden under the grilles under the windscreen, I'm sure you know! I find this very interesting actually... quite nifty!

As for the modified/stock discussion, each to their own!!! That's all it's about.

Cars which have had BIG money put into them (such as Ben's car) will of course fetch a high price (his sold to a member of this board for around $30,000 IIRC?) but that's not the point Hayden et al are trying to make. Little mods like black windscreen wipers, debadging, powdercoated chrome, vents and flares are mods which will not add value to these cars (if anything, will take value from them), but that is NOT to say that the mods aren't good, or appreciable.

I look at your V8 Zed in awe, as well as Cuong's RB26DETT Zed and heaps of other modified Zed's all over the world... I also love Alan's genuine 240ZG and my jaw drops at the sight of Saint's awesome original silver 240Z. I think as a Zed fan it's hard NOT to be impressed by any Z, modified or not!!!

Anyway, I think my point is if you own a car because of how much it's worth, then I think you better take another look at your attitude to life.

Peace! :classic:

Originally posted by Alfadog

Nissan engineers specially designed the Z car so that young hooligans like yourself with your boom boom music and bright blue neons wouldn't be attracted to the car! The window washer jets are carefully hidden under the grilles under the windscreen, I'm sure you know! I find this very interesting actually... quite nifty!

DISCLAIMER:

Ok, just for the record (which I'm sure you realise Alfadog) the blue LED thing was a complete joke to make light of the situation and before I receive any hate mail, letter bombs and the like, on record I have no intention of fitting anything remotely glowing blue on/in/around my 260Z LOL

It appears I unsubscribed myself from this thread by accident when I was trying to change my email address so that this forum would send them to my new address instead of hotmail.

All this talk has prompted me to call the PO of my Z and just make sure he still has the original engine block. He does :) and I just let him know his little baby is still doing fine :classic: .

240z in OZ I read through and understand what your getting at.

I also noticed there was a bit of debating going on that was firing a few of us up LOL.

I have always loved Z's but I do love the ZG and 432R's so much so I've wanted to make mine into a replica but I've come to a stage where I figure it's not one don't make it one and maybe when I finish my degree(S) I'll be earning enough money to add one to my collection and keep my HS30 the way she is for the most part.

Mine has an L28 that didn't bother me when i wanted my car because it was done well and the engine bay was mainly stock. Sure the head had been moded and everything but it was a little hot rod.

I drive mine daily and yes it's a very nerve racking thing. I leave spaces between cars so that I have plenty of time to brake and often find people dodge in and out infront of me. I've been honked for going too slow by a civic when I was really just taking it easy the bitch was in some rush and her b/f yelled at me so at the lights I told him to take his $^!# heap and well you can guess the rest :).

I would love another car for daily driving I agree the HWY is awesome with a Z unless you have worn out Uni joints that cause vibration above 100 km/h LOL. Seriously though traffic driving is nasty for the Z even reviews on the car 30 years back state that the clutch is hard in traffic and it's not a traffic kinda car.

But that's just it isn't it? I mean the Z is a pure car it's meant to be driven and driven properly through the hills etc.. not stuck in traffic for 15 mins.

I for one try to mod the car so that anything I do is easily reversible. Stock there fun to drive but modified there even more fun. I remember when i had to get roadworthy they made me change the muffler to make it quiet. I'm used to a 120db weapon. When I drove without it I really missed it, infact the car wasn't the same till she got back her throaty rough crazy sound :).

My point is that I would love to have the best of both worlds and I think i manage to meet that half way. At least I have the option to go back to orig or modded I guess and as long as you enjoy it, don't really let it bother you. I think its a shame Z's are disappearing off the road but at least it makes you something or a rarity and we may be a minority but I think we are all very knowledgeable and like to help each other out which is great.

Can't think of the amount of times I've been to other forums and realised that most car enthusiasts have no idea what there on about simply because newer cars are not DIY friendly.

cheers