Look what showed up today! - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Look what showed up today!

Featured Replies

I've been collecting all the parts for my L28 build and this is one of the last ones to arrive! Still awaiting Kameari flat top pistons, block has been bored to a rough 89mm, final boring/honing will be done when the pistons arrive. I can't wait to start assembling it!

Lspec2.jpeg

Lspec3.jpeg

Lspec6.jpeg

Lspec10.jpeg

Lspec11.jpeg

Lspec13.jpeg

Lspec14.jpeg

  • Author

L-Spec Datsun P90 head.

  • 5 angle valve job

  • stainless steel valves

  • rocker arm resurface

  • short bronze guides

  • stage 3 Isky cam (.490 lift)

  • Isky springs

  • L-spec retainers

  • Kameari lash pads

  • low profile valve stem seals

  • CNC ported

I will be mating this to an F54 block bored to 89mm with Kameari flat top pistons on stock rods.

I would NEVER EVER... put a head like that on his valves, not even for a picture. Why? There is always a valve that's open and can get bend. You can now go and check for bend valves..

Only if the camshaft is not in.. then it's no problem. Always lay a head on his in/out or sparkplug side!

If you want to make a pic. like that use some pieces of wood under the ends of the head.

Edited by dutchzcarguy

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 3 months later...

@astrohog How was your experience with LSpec? I'm thinking of ordering a head from them. What was the lead time and did you encounter any problems?

  • Author

John at L-Spec was very helpful and knowledgeable and I am very pleased with the work they did. There were times when it seemed the communication was lacking and there were some delays, but overall, I would recommend them, as there seems to be the same/similar issues with all of the leading performance engine builders for our Z's.

1 hour ago, astrohog said:

John at L-Spec was very helpful and knowledgeable and I am very pleased with the work they did. There were times when it seemed the communication was lacking and there were some delays, but overall, I would recommend them, as there seems to be the same/similar issues with all of the leading performance engine builders for our Z's.

Thanks for that feedback. I've encountered the same with most engine builders and performance shops. It seems universal. Since they're about an hour drive from me, they remain a top choice.

Vey fortunate, Only an hour away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.