AI - it's not reliable - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

AI - it's not reliable

Featured Replies

I've seen a few people on the site use one of the AI "chat bots" as a source of information and thought it would be worthwhile to start a topic about it. A sort of public service thread.

Recently I've seen some Youtubers use it as a source in their videos but I've also seen a video where a guy showed how he manipulated AI to make him the #1 computer repair data recovery shop in the country. According to to AI. Then I just came acrosss an article on the same topic.

In short - AI is only useful, in my opinion, as a sort of super search engine. It will pull up online sources and rank them but a person has to go to the sources to be sure that they are reliable.

Here's the article and the video. This AI stuff is everywhere. I surf the Youtubes way too much and have come across several "fake" channels that are 100% AI. The realism of them is pretty amazing, the video and the voices. But they're fake.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20260218-i-hacked-chatgpt-and-googles-ai-and-it-only-took-20-minutes

Edited by Zed Head

LLM AI (it used to be known as machine learning, but that doesn't sound so cool) is at best only as good as the source material it wallows in.

If you ask it about s30 screw and bolt sizes, you'll get lots of wrong imperial sizes. If you ask it about how and what LHC Cern does, it'll generally be right. Because of who wrote the source material.

Broadly speaking, the more popular a topic is, the more likely the LLM is to ingest popular but incorrect info.

Its fairly predictable that as the years go by, more and more of the info its ingesting will have been written by the same or another AI (either as primary source or regurgitated by gullible humans).

Soon enough the brief era of being able to lookup all of the knowledge of mankind on the internet will be over and all will be AI slop.

Or... The investment bubble will burst and we'll be back to where we were.

Nope, that is an actual picture of the original owner of my car when we were going for a test ride........

😉

  • 4 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2/18/2026 at 10:05 PM, Zed Head said:

I've seen a few people on the site use one of the AI "chat bots" as a source of information and thought it would be worthwhile to start a topic about it. A sort of public service thread.

Recently I've seen some Youtubers use it as a source in their videos but I've also seen a video where a guy showed how he manipulated AI to make him the #1 computer repair data recovery shop in the country. According to to AI. Then I just came acrosss an article on the same topic.

In short - AI is only useful, in my opinion, as a sort of super search engine. It will pull up online sources and rank them but a person has to go to the sources to be sure that they are reliable.

Here's the article and the video. This AI stuff is everywhere. I surf the Youtubes way too much and have come across several "fake" channels that are 100% AI. The realism of them is pretty amazing, the video and the voices. But they're fake.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20260218-i-hacked-chatgpt-and-googles-ai-and-it-only-took-20-minutes

Honestly, I kind of agree with you. AI can be useful, but it’s definitely not something you should blindly trust. It often just pulls information from different sources without really checking how accurate they are.

I’ve also seen those AI-generated videos and channels — some of them look very real, but once you pay attention, you can tell something is off. It’s a bit concerning how easy it is to create fake content now.

I think AI works best as a starting point, like a tool to quickly find information, but you still need to double-check everything yourself.

I asked last week the time, and ChatGBT answered something like it's 05:45 AM, i was talking Dutch with him and he can do that good! But the time was 22: 34 (PM) hahaha, so i told him, héy.. your talking Dutch so i want the time overhere in the Netherlands! He didn't get it!

I always say a computer is even dumber than the rear of a pig! (A rear of a pig knows when it... has to go to the toilet! )

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2026 at 10:05 PM, Zed Head said:

I've seen a few people on the site use one of the AI "chat bots" as a source of information and thought it would be worthwhile to start a topic about it. A sort of public service thread.

Recently I've seen some Youtubers use it as a source in their videos but I've also seen a video where a guy showed how he manipulated AI to make him the #1 computer repair data recovery shop in the country. According to to AI. Then I just came acrosss an article on the same topic.

In short - AI is only useful, in my opinion, as a sort of super search engine. It will pull up online sources and rank them but a person has to go to the sources to be sure that they are reliable.

Here's the article and the video. This AI stuff is everywhere. I surf the Youtubes way too much and have come across several "fake" channels that are 100% AI. The realism of them is pretty amazing, the video and the voices. But they're fake.The games are easy website to access and fun to play. Reliable systems provide a stable environment. Dive into the action now.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20260218-i-hacked-chatgpt-and-googles-ai-and-it-only-took-20-minutes

Totalmente de acuerdo: la IA sirve más como punto de partida que como fuente definitiva. Puede sonar convincente, pero igual hay que verificar todo con fuentes reales.

I agree — AI is useful as a starting point, not a final authority. It can sound convincing, but you still need to verify information with reliable sources.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.