AI - it's not reliable - Page 3 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

AI - it's not reliable

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 hour ago, Mike said:

I mean AI works for some good things... ;)
Screenshot 2026-06-09 at 4.08.09 PM.png

That looks pretty simple really, doesn't it? Pretty standard resume stuff.

What's interesting though is how specific things were added that were not in your original request. And the last item is kind of nonsensical. "offering long-standing industry relevance". That's not really something that is "offered" and not something that a member can use, like technical knowledge. Wasn't in the original request. Where did it come from?

It's a dangerous pseudo-tool.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

According to DuckDuckGo’s AI search feature, US President Donald Trump passed away earlier this month from rabies.

Futurism
No image preview

DuckDuckGo's AI Feature Is Telling Users That Trump Died...

DuckDuckGo's AI is claiming, incorrectly, that president Donald Trump passed away from rabies after being bitten by JD Vance.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Found another example of the sad state of the AI "boom".

The AI overview uses two single word references to write two full paragraphs, from one single Ratsun thread.

BUT, even scarier, as soon as I copied that Ratsun link in to my other post AI stopped using it. I think that AI is watching posts in real time and adjusting replies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ngk+U1099

Before -

image.png

After. It's gone. No more Ratsun reference -

image.png

  • Author

BUT. Now it's back, halfway, but with a +2. I wonder is CZCC is one of the +2. Searching... -

image.png

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

In case anyone is wondering -

Here's 1976 -

image.png

Here's 1978 -

image.png

  • 1 month later...

I use AI to assemble data for teaching. I limit the sources that AI draws from as the internet is full of sources that speak crap with authority. From the data it compiles, I assemble PowerPoint presentations for my residents. Still, even though I limit the AI search to what I consider to be reliable, I verify that it didn’t assemble a crap pile.

AI can be a useful tool, if you ask the right question. If you give it a math equation and say what is the answer, you’ve learned nothing. If you give it that same equation and say show me how to solve this, you might learn.

9 hours ago, conedodger said:

I use AI to assemble data for teaching. I limit the sources that AI draws from as the internet is full of sources that speak crap with authority. From the data it compiles, I assemble PowerPoint presentations for my residents. Still, even though I limit the AI search to what I consider to be reliable, I verify that it didn’t assemble a crap pile.

AI can be a useful tool, if you ask the right question. If you give it a math equation and say what is the answer, you’ve learned nothing. If you give it that same equation and say show me how to solve this, you might learn.

I use AI daily for a ton of useful things. It's great but I noticed a huge difference between the paid and free versions. You'll see a much better result when you buy a subscription, and use the correct model for your work. Depending on what I'm doing I'll use the advanced "work mode" to build code.

AI was a massive help when I moved this website from a high-dollar paid server farm to a much cheaper server on a raw Linux platform. Instead of using a managed interface, we now have everything in "containers" that can be managed and controlled separately -- which is the correct way to do it. The migration took only 3-4 hours while previous migrations used to take a full day. I've also used AI to help me modify code on our website here to move ads around, check our results, and help me figure out best placement without blasting everyone with unwanted ads. It's also helped us block unwanted characters, invalid traffic, and attackers from hitting the site. For me, AI has been a tool that brought me good results.

I've also used it for my job search, resume updates, and Linkedin profile updates. Another time, I had an interview with a guy who wanted me to become an expert on his product in 48 hours. I did my own research, put my findings into AI, supplemented it with additional data, and created a presentation that blew him away. The job ended up being an internal hire but it was a great exercise in how AI was able to build me a presentation on my findings.

AI has been helpful in my exercise of connecting digital monitoring to my boat diesel engine as well. Although yes it does have limitations when data isn't published on the Internet. It also can make assumptions until you start second guessing the results. It is, after all, a computer with limited data. AI models must be "taught" things. Without the teaching, AI is just a complex search engine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.