S30.world - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

S30.world

Featured Replies

Rather than muddy up a different thread I thought it would be worthwhile to create a focused thread on what S30.world is up to. Their mission is interesting and some CZCC members might be following their progress. Here's a place to discuss their efforts.

Hopefully my intentions and words don't get twisted.

As some people might know they were planning to sell one of their Masterpiece cars on Bring a Trailer. But apparently they ran in to paperwork issues and the planned date of the auction was delayed. The web site used to mention the delay but a recent look shows that the message about the delay is gone, but apparently they forgot to remove the part about the planned auction date of October 23, 2025. It's still there.

Somebody recently posted a Youtube video from one of the people involved there and thought that they might be close to starting the auction. Who knows.

Anyway, it's fun to keep track of all Z car happenings, from the guys in their garages with the "ran when parked" cars all the way up to the exquisitely restored high end cars.

Some of the S30.world guys were on the forum back in October (I think) and might appreciate knowing that people are trying to keep up with their efforts.

So, what's happening? Anybody new coming across the old web site copy will be confused.

https://s30.world/masterpieces

"A limited-run of as close to factory restoration as possibles of the iconic Datsun 240Z will become available, with the first one to be sold at auction in the United States on October 23rd 2025.

...

The auction will take place on the renowned Bring-a-trailer site, and it represents a rare opportunity for collectors and enthusiasts to own a piece of automotive history. The auction date of October 23rd, 2025 marks exactly 56 years since the car was first introduced at the Tokyo Motor Show in 1969. In Japan, the number 23 holds a special meaning for Nissan..."

Edited by Zed Head

  • Author

@240 in OZ posted the video. It's not an S30.world guy it's Garage44. Posted 10 days ago. Apparently Garage44 has it and will be doing the listing on BaT. Odd that they put the Youtube video out before the car was on BaT though. At the end of the video he talks about doing BaT stuff but it's not on BaT.

Edited by Zed Head
small w

  • Zed Head changed the title to S30.world

@Zed Head

Let me introduce you to the concept of 'Marketing', as it appears you have never met...

Yes, the Bring-A-Trailer auction hasn't actually started yet, but Garage 44 produced a very professional "Sneak Peek" video and released it on their own website's YouTube channel to inform potential customers and interested parties of the upcoming sale. What's not to understand? It's even written out on the header of the video:

Header.jpg

8 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Odd that they put the Youtube video out before the car was on BaT though.

Let me introduce you to the concept of marketing, as it.... etc

What is "odd" about it?

Given your previous negative and laughably ill-informed comments regarding S30.world (a few short months ago you were calling them "just a parts supplier") and your complaints of being comment-moderated by Bring-A-Trailer admin, it's hard to resist the suspicion that you're setting up this thread as your own personal rifle range for taking potshots at the upcoming auction.

10 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Hopefully my intentions and words don't get twisted.

My feeling is that - here, and in previous threads - you've already set out your stall as a bad faith witness when it comes to S30.world.

  • Popular Post
11 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Rather than muddy up a different thread I thought it would be worthwhile to create a focused thread on what S30.world is up to. Their mission is interesting and some CZCC members might be following their progress. Here's a place to discuss their efforts.

Hopefully my intentions and words don't get twisted.

As some people might know they were planning to sell one of their Masterpiece cars on Bring a Trailer. But apparently they ran in to paperwork issues and the planned date of the auction was delayed. The web site used to mention the delay but a recent look shows that the message about the delay is gone, but apparently they forgot to remove the part about the planned auction date of October 23, 2025. It's still there.

Somebody recently posted a Youtube video from one of the people involved there and thought that they might be close to starting the auction. Who knows.

Anyway, it's fun to keep track of all Z car happenings, from the guys in their garages with the "ran when parked" cars all the way up to the exquisitely restored high end cars.

Some of the S30.world guys were on the forum back in October (I think) and might appreciate knowing that people are trying to keep up with their efforts.

So, what's happening? Anybody new coming across the old web site copy will be confused.

https://s30.world/masterpieces

"A limited-run of as close to factory restoration as possibles of the iconic Datsun 240Z will become available, with the first one to be sold at auction in the United States on October 23rd 2025.

...

The auction will take place on the renowned Bring-a-trailer site, and it represents a rare opportunity for collectors and enthusiasts to own a piece of automotive history. The auction date of October 23rd, 2025 marks exactly 56 years since the car was first introduced at the Tokyo Motor Show in 1969. In Japan, the number 23 holds a special meaning for Nissan..."

Thank you for pointing out the date. That was, of course, from when the auction originally started.

A lot has happened since then, and we are working as a team to make the auction as exciting as possible for everyone.

I actually dont see it that way at all. I read the original post and it came across to me as being very open minded about S30.world and what they're currently working on...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I agree 100%. Not sure what the issue is here in the pervious posts. I’ve done business with these folks in the past and their credibility has not been a concern. As a S30 owner I appreciate and thankful for the work and research the company has done to keep the S30 alive for the future.

Almost our entire S30.world team is registered here in the forum, by the way.

So if anyone has any questions, feel free to talk to us. We are open to any feedback.

6 hours ago, Patcon said:

I actually dont see it that way at all. I read the original post and it came across to me as being very open minded about S30.world and what they're currently working on...

It looks very different when you put it in the light of multiple negative comments he made about S30.world on this forum between September 30th and October 23rd last year. It might be worth re-reading them if you're so convinced of his best intentions.

When did he have his Road To Damascus moment? I don't think he's changed his spots. We'll see when the auction starts...

4 hours ago, Yarb said:

I agree 100%. Not sure what the issue is here in the pervious posts. I’ve done business with these folks in the past and their credibility has not been a concern.

Last year Zed Head was suggesting - and I quote verbatim - that the reproduction S30.world fuel tanks were "a scam". Comments like that stick.

He has a habit of making other rash, uninformed judgments which don't get corrected. Elsewhere on the forum he's complaining that AI is turning out to be a problem child (garbage in = garbage out) whilst pumping out some of the very same garbage that AI is picking up and serving us back up as slop.

Knocking on for 20k posts on this forum might suggest that Johnny would be well advised to spend a little more time reading, and a little less time typing.

  • Author
5 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Last year Zed Head was suggesting - and I quote verbatim - that the reproduction S30.world fuel tanks were "a scam". Comments like that stick.

Use the quote function or paste an image. Didn't happen.

Why are you creating a stink in a thread about S30.world right before their big auction? It's weird. I see that christoffel doesn't even want to be around it.

p.s.https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/69818-we-hope-our-safari-gold-1971-dattsun-240z-will-finally-go-for-sale-next-monday/

p.s. I searched for any post where I used the word scam and s30 and all I found was an old unverified accusation from HS30-H.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aclassiczcars.com+s30+scam+zed+head

Edited by Zed Head

30 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Why are you creating a stink in a thread about S30.world right before their big auction? It's weird.

Ah, there it is. The old Zed Head patent switcheroo.

You've created a special thread to discuss the upcoming Bring-A-Trailer auction of an S30.world car when it would have been more appropriate to discuss it in the thread - which you yourself started, if I'm not mistaken - on the topic of Bring-A-Trailer auction cars.

I don't see any logical reason for this and - informed by the many ill-informed, negative comments you made about S30.world previously - I don't trust your intentions as being pro bono.

40 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I see that christoffel doesn't even want to be around it.

I think you have a cognitive dissonance issue. You don't appear to have noticed that he has avoided your thread. It's not me he's avoiding, it's you.

Well advised to do so, too.

  • Author
On 2/18/2026 at 1:14 AM, HS30-H said:

Let me introduce you to the concept of 'Marketing', as it appears you have never met...

I just realized that you're "marketing" (selling) for S30.world. You had me (us) there for a short while. Create a stink, generate attention, get S30.world in the spotlight. The tell is the fabrication of facts. You chose me because I am most likely to respond (I am honored...). If it was a true defense of S30.world the "verbatim" quote would be produced. But instead there's nothing.

I've been used! But is is good entertainment.

In the past, I have implied that you might be getting being paid by S30.world as a consultant or similar. But now I think the service you provide is probably more about promotion, by any means. Well done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.