IGNORED

The Seat Belt problem

I also have the original 3! point belt in the 240z and also a 4 point rally safety harnas on the original bolts and on one of the top of the rear strut towerbolts.

I always use the harnas, the old belts are under the seats. (the third belt just hangs in the rear on the side of the roof.)

@steveJ , was very funny to just say: Yes !!  LOL

Seatbeltplanet is my goto. 

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-30499407-1970-1973-datsun-240z-driver-passenger-seat-belt-kit.html?q=

I get them to add a 9” drop strap from the shoulder belt hanging point to bring it down closer to your shoulder.

Quite a challenge on an early car with the tool storage bin covers thingys behind the seats. Modifications required to properly mount the retractor flat against the luggage riser. I use a drain hole to bolt an angle bracket down. Requires you to build a bit of a crush tube in the frame rail so you tighten that long bolt down….. 

Posted (edited)

This is the Roadster Retractable 3-point belt from Wesco, a very comfortable belt.

The retractor is mounted at the original shoulder belt location using the OE bolts.

IMG_20230917_142528327.jpg

The lap belt also uses the OE bolts and locations.

IMG_20230917_142618326.jpg

Here is the website and belt details. If you order, specify the 11" rigid sleeve.

https://www.wescoperformance.com/noname.html

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1